Why don't some of you understand the better TEAM won today

DuffMan

That includes all 3 phases in the game plus coaches? Why do some of you feel the need to scapegoat someone? It doesn't turn the L into the W. What's the point?

So true. I have nothing but admiration for Wisconsin and how played and beat us today. They lost 3 players to injuries but never quit. Played hard, took some chances, never gave up after we took over lead few times. Very well played by them. Except for the stupid timeout call at the end, I thought we played very well too - it was a great game. Let's move on.

I'm sorry duff, they didn't win today. That team just executed better today. we out gained them in every phase. we held the vaunted badger offense from producing a 100 yd rusher, had an INT. we didn't turn the ball over.

I'm sorry duff, they didn't win today. That team just executed better today. we out gained them in every phase. we held the vaunted badger offense from producing a 100 yd rusher, had an INT. we didn't turn the ball over.

They marched it down the field to score the game-winning TD, just like Arizona did. Yeah, they had a fake punt. Bielema saw that could work because our coverage team turns their backs immediately to run downfield. That was an excellent call on his part.

Their special teams executed, like they have ever since the ASU game. We didn't, just like we haven't all year.

At this point, when the lack of execution has been present ALL YEAR, we can no longer consider it a fluke. It is what it is, and we are who we are.

The better team won. And that makes me even more sick than thinking that we gave it away.

Nope. In sports your favorite team only loses because they didn't show up and care. They never have a bad day or outplayed.

The better team lost today.

The battle that EVERYONE thought would determine the game- whether we could control the UW ground attack- was won by the Hawks.

Iowa left 4 kicking points on the field. Our QB was NOT sharp. We made critical mistakes in time management. We lost 35 yards on a kickoff offsides.

And the breaks did not go our way.

The better team lost today.

The battle that EVERYONE thought would determine the game- whether we could control the UW ground attack- was won by the Hawks.

Iowa left 4 kicking points on the field. Our QB was NOT sharp. We made critical mistakes in time management. We lost 35 yards on a kickoff offsides.

And the breaks did not go our way.

We've been making those kinds of mistakes all year. We just got away with them against the nobody's on our schedule, and the good teams make us pay for them. Wisconsin is the better team right now. Maybe that will change by the end of the year, but the better team won tonight. Because those kinds of mistakes have become the rule for this year's team, not the exception.

I vastly underrated Wisconsin this year - specifically their offense is pretty damn good. Their D is about where I expected it to be (not great, not terrible). They are the better team. Everyone needs to sober up and deal with it.

From an Iowa fan perspective, things got WAY crazy this off-season. All summer I was telling anyone who would listen to just slow our collective roll on the national title talk.

Everyone looked at the 11-2 record last year, tallied up the returning starters and then BLAM - National Championship here we come!

#1 - look at the games we pulled out of our a$$ last year. That was essentially a 7-5/8-4 team that - thanks to great coaching and some lucky breaks - ended up going a really special & memorable 11-2.

#2 - look at who we lost off last years team. Big time key contributors - Bulaga, Spivey, Moeaki, Angerer, Calloway. Look at those names and get real - with the exception of Calloway, those are some of the better players at their respective positions in the entire Ferentz era.

I'm not trying to make excuses - I want to go 12-0 every year as bad as anyone - I'm just trying to throw a much needed dose of reality out there. This team has a lot of holes right now - as did the '09 team - we need to just trust in the players & coaches to keep working and improving week to week (Ferentz's track record gives me every reason to believe that will happen).

whether you think Iowa was the better team or not...

whoever was listed on your blame matrix...

there's a lot of truth to these critical mistakes.

Latest posts