Why doesn’t Brian face the media?

oldhawk12

One thing about the captain…he marches himself out there & take’s what little punishment the Iowa media fandom can dish at him weekly. His response doesn’t change much. It’s always been aw shucks, but centers around “cleaning up” & “working harder”. I certainly have grown weary of his responses, but he does continue to own it in his own way & really doesn’t make excuses.

On the other hand, I find it very interesting that in lieu of brian facing the media this year, it’s cade McNamara. I have loads of respect for him. So far, he’s singing the company line in ownership of the offense.

The elephant in the room is…where is brian? He took questioning most weeks last year & in many cases made a buffoon out of himself. But the fact he’s hiding from the press this year or is being protected by Kirk really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I just can’t believe they are getting away with it.

One thing about the captain…he marches himself out there & take’s what little punishment the Iowa media fandom can dish at him weekly. His response doesn’t change much. It’s always been aw shucks, but centers around “cleaning up” & “working harder”. I certainly have grown weary of his responses, but he does continue to own it in his own way & really doesn’t make excuses.

On the other hand, I find it very interesting that in lieu of brian facing the media this year, it’s cade McNamara. I have loads of respect for him. So far, he’s singing the company line in ownership of the offense.

The elephant in the room is…where is brian? He took questioning most weeks last year & in many cases made a buffoon out of himself. But the fact he’s hiding from the press this year or is being protected by Kirk really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I just can’t believe they are getting away with it.
Coordinators are not made available to the media every week.

Exactly. And the question still remains. Why? I’m not showing he’s had one yet this Fall. If they’d ran up a bunch of points, we know it would be different
No, it wouldn’t be different, they’ve done it like this as long as I can remember. They did that for previous coordinators as well. It’s a fairly common practice that a lot of CFB programs do.

No, it wouldn’t be different, they’ve done it like this as long as I can remember. They did that for previous coordinators as well. It’s a fairly common practice that a lot of CFB programs do.
That doesn’t excuse him from answering questions regarding the offense that he is supposedly leading and is the laughingstock of the college football world.
If there’s one offensive coordinator in the entire country who should be speaking to the media and answering for his lack of production, it is a Brian Ferentz.
Under 100 yards of total offense in a nationally televised game that everyone is watching? Yeah, we’ll just let daddy answer that question. What a joke.
Keep sucking that hind titty BF.

Exactly. And the question still remains. Why? I’m not showing he’s had one yet this Fall. If they’d ran up a bunch of points, we know it would be different
Do you follow college football at all?

If so, how many other offensive coordinators from other teams do you see doing media?

And why the hell would Kurt make him go answer questions in front of cameras when all they’re going to do is run him into the ground even if he deserves it?

Jesus. You people don’t even remotely think about what you’re asking before you post it

You’re one of those knuckle draggers who want a different staff, and then if you got your wish would still have the gall (or ignorance, most likely) to bitch about it like nebraska fans do now once Iowa started going 3-9 and playing musical coaches.

That doesn’t excuse him from answering questions regarding the offense that he is supposedly leading and is the laughingstock of the college football world.
If there’s one offensive coordinator in the entire country who should be speaking to the media and answering for his lack of production, it is a Brian Ferentz.
Under 100 yards of total offense in a nationally televised game that everyone is watching? Yeah, we’ll just let daddy answer that question. What a joke.
Keep sucking that hind titty BF.
Actually it does excuse him as Iowa doesn't make their coordinators available to the media after games. I do believe they have a couple of times throughout the year that they do make them available, just not right after games.

They never have never will... The coordinators only speak to the media a couple times maybe 3 times a yr tops. I think BF actually did a sit down interview with Scott Dochterman before the season too. But you just won't see anything from them in season. Most schools I think are like that. Fire away at the HC he's who takes those shots in season

We had a couple of bad games when O'Keefe was calling the offense and Kurt never made Ken stand in front of the press and defend himself. Hell, the whole notion of post-game pressers is just a total joke. "Um, yeah, coach, nice game out there even though we came up short. Can you please explain your thought process of punting on 4th and 1 from the opposition's 42 yard line in the third quarter?" "What was going through your mind when Cade threw that pick six?"

It's so pointless. Every fucking decision made is done with the goal of giving your team the best chance to win the game. Every fucking coach feels like absolute shit when one of their guys messes up. Coaches make wrong decisions all the time, but they don't know it was the wrong decision until after the fact. It happens. Players make mistakes all the time. The whole thing is so pointless because no coach ever gives a substantive answer because the substantive answers are all the same. At the higher levels of college ball or in the pros the whole thing has devolved into nothing but a hot take festival. It's a joke, but an entire industry has developed around "sports news" so here we are.

Parker did a pretty detailed press conference today with Iowa media.
Just saw that as well. Thought that was odd and interesting. Wonder if it was a pre scheduled thing or if KF thought doing that would pacify some folks. I didn't hear any of it just saw that he'd done one

Bingo. I just got done saying another thread that it's ridiculous that BF get's to hide from everything and the players have to take the media head on. TBH it's bullshit and cowardly that he can hide from the press, but then again that'd be the only blocking a lot of them have done this year.

Beat me to it. I mean seriously we need to ask ourselves, “what’s the upside”
There is no upside, but rather the fact that everyone has to answer the questions that he should be the one answering. Everyone else has to face the heat yet week after week he keeps getting a pass and gets to dodge the media.

Bingo. I just got done saying another thread that it's ridiculous that BF get's to hide from everything and the players have to take the media head on. TBH it's bullshit and cowardly that he can hide from the press, but then again that'd be the only blocking a lot of them have done this year.
I don't think that's by choice....it's amazing to me the power some people think BF has. Like, he's not calling this shot? In what world does anyone think that it's his decision on whether or not he's available to the press?

Latest posts