• Tradition

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Impact of beating #9 in the country

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will vote other, because it is a 'top of the world' feeling to stand in their stadium and scream my favorite 2 words - "HAWKEYE STATE!"

I grew up in Hampton....with several ISU booster clubs around and only one Iowa club.

Very much brash and mouthy and ignorant fans to say the last...then and now.

Still sticks in my craw to this day.

Last edited:
I voted the impact of beating #9. Many years we could beat ISU but they were shit, pure shit. And lose to them was not fun when they were not very good. It is always a big game statewide but not so much nationwide. This year it is nationwide.

My gawd a 2-0 Iowa team just clobbering Indiana and then beating a highly ranked ISU on the road puts Iowa in the stratosphere. It would be huge. Iowa then would be favored to be at 4-0 playing PSU. That would be a huge game.

Saturday's game is huge. Now if Iowa loses a close game it is not a huge downer.

I said family to shut my brother-in-law the hell up. He never comes out and says State is gonna win, never says a word when Iowa wins, but loves to say things like "Iowa graduates students to get jobs, Iowa State graduates the people that hire them." I can't imagine how smug he would be if the cyclones win.

Because I don't follow Iowa State. No one in the family went to Iowa State. The only connection I have with Iowa State, is my father used to dump me off at the student union (or whatever equivalent Iowa State had) when he would visit the campus library on a Saturday afternoon. (This was 1971. I was in the second grade. I have a vague memory of this happening a half dozen times. He tried the same thing at University of Iowa a year later. The second time he did it someone on the staff must have got concerned about the unaccompanied third grader and called the campus police. My mother was contacted. I don't remember the particulars. I wasn't in on the details of him getting his ass chewed out, but that's my general understanding of what transpired. That was the end of take the kid on Saturday afternoons so I can get other things tended to.)

I don't harbor any resentments toward Iowa State for this, but I might try developing some.

I said family to shut my brother-in-law the hell up. He never comes out and says State is gonna win, never says a word when Iowa wins, but loves to say things like "Iowa graduates students to get jobs, Iowa State graduates the people that hire them." I can't imagine how smug he would be if the cyclones win.

So he's saying Iowa graduates farm hands?

Most of the job creators I know didn't waste four plus years of their life in college, but it is funny how state graduates have become such elitists. Sorry folks, your university isn't some elite institution on the cutting edge of anything except maybe agronomy, which isn't going to impress anyone outside of the tri-county area. You don't even have Pioneer to send your graduates to anymore. I do know one or two graduates who were super proud of their $40,000 jobs operating grain silos or some such.

I just want to silence the mouth-breathing vocal minority of their fanbase. Which will probably never happen, but one can hope.

I want Iowa to beat them because their fan base and university is so insufferable. They so desperately want to be us....so much so that they are using our main school color (black) on their uniforms....and using these said uniforms on Saturday to boot. And then there was the "beat Iowa" shirts they once wore. They don't want to admit it, but if they beat Iowa their season will be a success no matter how it finishes.

It would be one thing if the clowns had an established winning tradition, an established uniform and colors they stick with, and not being obsessed with all things black and gold and it's fan base talk shit at the very sight of it (out of pure jealously and inferiority complex).

Also, I think it would be some funny shit to see them still owned by us in their hyped up year.

One thing to remember, no matter the outcome, when the game is over, they will never be us.

Last edited:
I want Iowa to beat them because their fan base and university is so insufferable. They so desperately want to be us....so much so that they are using our main school color (black) on their uniforms....and using these said uniforms on Saturday to boot. And then there was the "beat Iowa" shirts they once wore. They don't want to admit it, but if they beat Iowa their season will be a success no matter how it finishes.

It would be one thing if the clowns had an established winning tradition, an established uniform and colors they stick with, and not being obsessed with all things black and gold and it's fan base talk shit at the very sight of it (out of pure jealously and inferiority complex).

Also, I think it would be some funny shit to see them still owned by us in their hyped up year.

One thing to remember, no matter the outcome, when the game is over, they will never be us.
I love your last line. Perfect!

Latest posts