Why do so many ISU fans read (and post on) this board?

ChosenChildren

Perhaps this has already been discussed, but I have a question: Why do so many obvious Iowa State fans spend so much time on this board? I don't think I have spent five minutes on the Cyclone boards, even during the week of the Iowa Iowa State game. I simple don't care about Iowa State. I care about Iowa.

I do not understand this phenomenon. Is Iowa football that interesting to them? Are they envious of our program? Are they picking fights, and just want to get into arguments? Is it because they beat us this year? Do they have a man crush on Jon Miller? Are their boards simply boring compared to our board? Is it because this board is free and easy to access?

What gives? Can someone help me out here?

Well, when you guys make threads with titles like "Paul Rhoads is a raving lunatic," then you are kinda begging for trouble.

Some of were born and raised Hawk fans but went to ISU for college. I watch both games and root for the hawks every game but one.

And when the sqwawks are hating on ISU, somebody has to represent :D

when your season is over by mid September you need to kill some time before basketball season starts.

that is their only game - to bag on iowa fan to make themselves feel good about themselves.

similarly, see: clowns bag on the refs as their excuse for losing....similarly see: clowns bag on their schedule for their excuse for losing........

I can't speak for other clone fans on here, but I'm a hawk fan whenever they don't play ISU so I like to talk about the hawks on here. Plus, I do have a crush on Jon Miller

I honestly don't understand why they are here. Its like the Jews during ww2 they keep coming over here but nobody really wants them.

Well, ok, but why read the posts in the first place? Why aren't you on the Cyclone boards? I don't care about Iowa State, and therefore I really don't care what you say about Iowa on your board. Your board is irrelevant to me. Your posts don't matter to me. Your posts can't win us games or lose us games. Your posts can't help us win a conference title or a bowl game. You give us no analysis about our team. You never post anything about our bowl destinations; our recruiting; our road games, etc. You never post anything interesting about our coach or our opponents. Your posts fill up space on this board, but they really don't contribute anything.

All it is, is constant complaining and ragging about Iowa fans not "respecting" Iowa State. I do respect you. You have a good University. I respect your coach and your team. Some of my family members went to your school; some were outstanding athletes there.

It isn't that we don't respect you, or even admire you; frankly, it is because we DON'T REALLY CARE THAT MUCH. You are a nonconference game for us. If we win, great, because that is one more win closer to bowl eligibility. If we lose, of course it hurts, but we usually have 9 or 10 games left to chase the bowl and the conference title. Frankly, there have been many years when we beat Iowa State and then go on to have a so-so season. There have been other years when we lose to ISU and go on to a Rose Bowl (1981) or an Orange Bowl (2002).

I'm still left with the same question: Why? You don't see Gopher fans, or Michigan fans, or even NW fans (except for a few) on ths board. Very few Badger fans. Heck, you hardly ever see a Husker fan (just a handful) Those are all huge rivalries for Iowa. And yet we see hundreds of posts from Cyclone fans.

I don't get it!!!!

Well, ok, but why read the posts in the first place? Why aren't you on the Cyclone boards? I don't care about Iowa State, and therefore I really don't care what you say about Iowa on your board. Your board is irrelevant to me. Your posts don't matter to me. Your posts can't win us games or lose us games. Your posts can't help us win a conference title or a bowl game. You give us no analysis about our team. You never post anything about our bowl destinations; our recruiting; our road games, etc. You never post anything interesting about our coach or our opponents. Your posts fill up space on this board, but they really don't contribute anything.

All it is, is constant complaining and ragging about Iowa fans not "respecting" Iowa State. I do respect you. You have a good University. I respect your coach and your team. Some of my family members went to your school; some were outstanding athletes there.

It isn't that we don't respect you, or even admire you; frankly, it is because we DON'T REALLY CARE THAT MUCH. You are a nonconference game for us. If we win, great, because that is one more win closer to bowl eligibility. If we lose, of course it hurts, but we usually have 9 or 10 games left to chase the bowl and the conference title. Frankly, there have been many years when we beat Iowa State and then go on to have a so-so season. There have been other years when we lose to ISU and go on to a Rose Bowl (1981) or an Orange Bowl (2002).

I'm still left with the same question: Why? You don't see Gopher fans, or Michigan fans, or even NW fans (except for a few) on ths board. Very few Badger fans. Heck, you hardly ever see a Husker fan (just a handful) Those are all huge rivalries for Iowa. And yet we see hundreds of posts from Cyclone fans.

I don't get it!!!!

Yeah, I've never found myself going over there to see what they say about us.

It's just like I said yesterday.. when I think of this board, I think of:

1. Irrational Hawkeye Homers
2. Cyclone Fans Desperate for approval from said Iowa fans.

I don't spend time on the CF board. I guess I would ask the same question, put another way: Why would Iowa fans spend time over there?

It must be the heated nature of the rivalry and the hate that the respective fan bases feel for each other. I don't have any other good answer.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that neither Coach Rhoads nor Coach Ferentz have spent one minute thinking about the other school since that game. They are focused on their upcoming game and recruiting. Period.

Its the same reasons why some Iowa fans post on CF. Some like to try to stir things up and get people mad, others actually want to have an intelligent conversation about sports with a rival. I guarantee it happens with most rivals. I know I've seen Michigan fans post on OSU boards and the other way around.

Latest posts