why do I listen to Rome?

hawktransplant

I must be a complete idiot to ever listen to this tool. He is giving Iowa backhanded compliments. Give KF some credit. He outcoached Johnson.

edit...maybr I am too sensitive to what rome says. to use to him being a jerk. Everyone is telling me that he was being nicer to iowa than i thought.

Last edited:
He made one critical comment about KF's fake field goal call, and this guy is going all drama queen.

I agree with Rome's take on the issue. He said the defense had the game under control, and KF gave GT life by pretending he was Chris Peterson, and that comprimised everything Iowa worked towards this season.

He gave Iowa tons of props. He gave KF tons of credit when he said that Iowa won this game in December. He called Iowa's d "The meatgrinder". This poster is just looking to be ******.

Thank god we have GhostofBTT on this board to call out the wrongdoings that posters do. Kudos to you

Humm....All I can say is...i'm at the point now, where the entire national media can dog the hawks and say whatever they want, but it wouldn't bother me. 11 wins. Orange Bowl Victory. #6 or 7 ranking. Can't bring me down at all.

Humm....All I can say is...i'm at the point now, where the entire national media can dog the hawks and say whatever they want, but it wouldn't bother me. 11 wins. Orange Bowl Victory. #6 or 7 ranking. Can't bring me down at all.

I am totally with ya on that sentiment. It just disturbs me that the good Lord has to look upon some of his creation and wonder when and if thay will ever turn the corner.

I didn't take it that way Ghost. He gave Norm lots of credit. he gave the d lots of credit but he dissed KF.

He's been bagging on Ferentz for years, no reason for him to change now. Personally, I'm more interested in what Matt Perrault will have to say this afternoon after he poo-pooed Iowa's chances of winning yesterday.

"If Adam Robinson isn't at least 90%, I'm taking Tech." Matt Perrault actually said that yesterday.

I agree with Rome's take for the most part on the fake FG. Take the 3 get the cushion in case GT can muster a return FG with that much clock left.

That said, I don't have a major problem with it either and it's nitpicking to be over critical of the call. Ferentz is often criticized for being too conservative, so I am not going to hang him for the risk...especially being a calculated risk that you CAN make a decent case for defending it.

Thank god we have GhostofBTT on this board to call out the wrongdoings that posters do. Kudos to you

Yeah, it's nice others don't do that...wait...

Totally ok with the fake FG, the 3 points wouldn't have helped at all at that point.

That's not true...had GT been able to must just one decent return or drive and get a FG they could have tied it up. There is a pretty strong case both ways.

And as much as GT sucked...would you have wanted to drag that game to OT? Not really.

My take only. Rome gave significant props to the D and to Norm. In fact, he downplayed the whole "Iowa had a month" to prepare for them and said 6 months wouldn't have been enough [for most teams - my take]. He simply said GT ran into the meat grinder that is Iowa's front defensive 7.

He did diss the Captain for the fake field goal try and that was the only reference he made to the Captain. Is clearly still pouting about Coach Ferentz not coming on his show as he made note the classy Boise State coach would be on the second hour, and was the only guest scheduled, although they were trying to get someone in addition.

Latest posts