Who's watching the game vs Pitt this Sat?

Ill listen, too much to get done on weekends to spend 3 hours sitting on my rear watching a game. But, Ill have a radio in my ear listening to Dolph.

I will be watching to see if they make any personnel changes as in getting their true playmakers on the field significantly and/or getting them involved.....

Smith, Willies, Powell, Canzeri, Daniels, Parker, maybe even Wadley

Will CJ see the field when it is another dumpster fire?

Maybe change out an o-lineman or two on a line group not getting it done?

I know the answer is no as this could actually spark the team and that would confirm the folly of KF.

The RBs need to learn how to run the ball...they miss holes and cutback lanes alllll the time. We need pace in the offense Jake hasn't provided that and he can't throw the deep ball at all. Quit calling the same running play 30 times and try something different like between the tackles. The option call was the ONLY bright spot in the offense last week. That caught ISU totally off guard.

Oh and get Kirk out the offense meetings during the week and tell him Kirk I been doing this a long time just cover my butt and let me call the plays. If GD doesn't get it done by himself then fire his butt (which he should have done after last year).

Hard to belive people will get on a message board and talk about the Hawks but wont watch the game. I will be watching

Hell yes I will be watching. Season is 1/3 over after tomorrow. Hopefully the Hawks can get through non conference 3-1 and then handle Purude to get a little momentum going into he bye.

Baffles me how people can look forward to football season for 9 months and then are ready to give up on the season after 3 games. These are probably the same genius' that were ready to stop watching after 2002 ISU, 2004 @ASU, 2008 @Pitt, 2009 UNI, etc.

2002 - Was obvious at the time that we pi$$ed down our leg. We could move the ball at will and there was plenty to be excited about. Not close to comparable.
2004 - Name the last Iowa team to go West and perform well and/or win. This game had ambush written all over it from the outset. Maybe not to the level it actually happened, but we ALWAYS suck going West. Not really comparable because all our games this year have been at home. Road games early in the year are always hard to judge.
2008 - Once again, another road game, so not really comparable. Plus, at least it was obvious that the staff was willing to make a QB change, so there was hope. KF's response at his call in show to a question about CJ over JR...."No". Not comparable.
2009 - This one is probably the closest as it was a home game against an FCS team and we were returning a ton of players on both sides of the ball. The one caveat is that it was the very first game of the year, so you could at least HOPE that it was a complete anomaly and see what the next week brought.

This year, we are 3 games into the season....all games have been played at home....all against incredibly weak competition. The offense has shown absolutely NOTHING in the way of flow, cohesion, or the ability to make a play. Meanwhile, all the playmakers, sans Tevaun Smith, sit on the bench twiddling their thumbs while our offense sputters and stalls. Our head coach has no intention of making a QB change....instead simply insists we have to execute $hitty plays better. Each of the years you sighted above still contained a decent amount of hope.....you could chalk up the performance in those specific games to a number of things....turnovers, playing on the road, 1st game of the season , etc. This year? Not so much....

I'll be watching but won't make a thing of it like I usually do. I usually plan a game menu, get the grill going and watch with my brother and have some beers. I'll have it on, but I'll be doing chores and checking in periodically. If the Hawks can pull out a win, I'm sure I'll be reenergized and gear up for Purdue.

I'll be watching but won't make a thing of it like I usually do. I usually plan a game menu, get the grill going and watch with my brother and have some beers. I'll have it on, but I'll be doing chores and checking in periodically. If the Hawks can pull out a win, I'm sure I'll be reenergized and gear up for Purdue.

Good way of stating the situation. I am not expecting a win but I am expecting the hawks to play better and keep it close at least until late.

A blowout where the hawks look disinterested will be a bad sign for the rest of the year.

I will always watch, no matter what. Sometimes I have kid soccer games or whatever that may delay my watching, but it's Iowa football, and no matter how frustrating it is sometime, I will be watching and cheering.

Don't know yet. If I have nothing else going on and feel like torturing myself, then I may tune in.

Then again, tomorrow is the wife's B-day, so I may have other things going on.

2002 - Was obvious at the time that we pi$$ed down our leg. We could move the ball at will and there was plenty to be excited about. Not close to comparable.
2004 - Name the last Iowa team to go West and perform well and/or win. This game had ambush written all over it from the outset. Maybe not to the level it actually happened, but we ALWAYS suck going West. Not really comparable because all our games this year have been at home. Road games early in the year are always hard to judge.
2008 - Once again, another road game, so not really comparable. Plus, at least it was obvious that the staff was willing to make a QB change, so there was hope. KF's response at his call in show to a question about CJ over JR...."No". Not comparable.
2009 - This one is probably the closest as it was a home game against an FCS team and we were returning a ton of players on both sides of the ball. The one caveat is that it was the very first game of the year, so you could at least HOPE that it was a complete anomaly and see what the next week brought.

This year, we are 3 games into the season....all games have been played at home....all against incredibly weak competition. The offense has shown absolutely NOTHING in the way of flow, cohesion, or the ability to make a play. Meanwhile, all the playmakers, sans Tevaun Smith, sit on the bench twiddling their thumbs while our offense sputters and stalls. Our head coach has no intention of making a QB change....instead simply insists we have to execute $hitty plays better. Each of the years you sighted above still contained a decent amount of hope.....you could chalk up the performance in those specific games to a number of things....turnovers, playing on the road, 1st game of the season , etc. This year? Not so much....

It's also worth pointing out that the game in 2004 was following two straight Top-10 finishes in 2002/03. Can't exactly say that these days.. It's been a while since KF produced a team that's even finished the season ranked. I don't think anyone was prepared to walk away from the program in 2004 because of one really bad game. Fans were still pretty jacked about the program.

The 2009 game against UNI - at least Iowa actually won that game, so don't think that can really be used as a legit example.

2008's game at Pitt was probably the closest thing I could compare to the current situation.. After the losing record in 2006, no bowl in 2007, the loss @Pitt didn't sit well. Would be nice to see an 2008-like turnaround this year.

But right now, it's been a while since KF has produced anything overly impressive.. The Outback Bowl last year was OK but was painfully obvious against LSU that our offensive simply didn't have any fire power. Rinse & Repeat for 2014, except it's looking more like 2012 at this point.

Hell yes I will be watching. Season is 1/3 over after tomorrow. Hopefully the Hawks can get through non conference 3-1 and then handle Purude to get a little momentum going into he bye.

Baffles me how people can look forward to football season for 9 months and then are ready to give up on the season after 3 games. These are probably the same genius' that were ready to stop watching after 2002 ISU, 2004 @ASU, 2008 @Pitt, 2009 UNI, etc.

In other words, since KFz has a long history of dismal, boring, predictable performances we should keep watching for more of the same? I can think of more productive ways to spend my Saturday afternoons, thank you very much. Let the real fans, true and brave, fight off sleep watching another offensive implosion in the Ferentz era. I have fresh paint to watch dry.

Watching......Always will be watching. Maybe i am being naive, but given the schedule I still feel they can rattle off 5 or 6 wins in a row.

I dunno, maybe Scherff turns into the '08 version of Mitch King and goes I've had enough this **** and the team rallies behind him and they get on a roll.

Watching......Always will be watching. Maybe i am being naive, but given the schedule I still feel they can rattle off 5 or 6 wins in a row.

I dunno, maybe Scherff turns into the '08 version of Mitch King and goes I've had enough this **** and the team rallies behind him and they get on a roll.

It could be just like the 2002/2003 team. There isn't a game on the schedule that is an automatic loss. The offense might wake up at some point

All of this is really easy to say after the fact. No one knows how this year will turn out. This team could pull a Kirk Ferentz special and win tomorrow and go on a run for all we know.

Of course. But I probably won't be too disappointed when I have to leave during the second half for a daughter's soccer game.

I can't think of a single year, other than 2012, that the Iowa offense has looked so terrible after 3 games.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but at this point, thinking that this team can go on a big winning streak is laughable.

Latest posts