Who'll ask Kirk about fake injuries or Franklin's criticism of Iowa fans or coaches?

This is now a real rivalry, with malice. In my opinion, that's awesome, because the games have been worthy of it for a while now.

And please bring them to the West. Send Purdue or Illinois to the East in trade. Would make the divisions so much more balanced, Iowa and PSU could play every year, and We can get away from the threat of "the best" teams playing for the title that was bantered about just before covid blew up the world (alongside not having divisions). Not the "most deserving", the "best." That's code for eye test chosen champions. It's B.S. that only 4 teams get to compete for a Natty, now we want to eye test the B1G championship game?
May not need to bring them to the West. It seems like we've played them every year since 2008.

Glad he said something, Franklyn was just trying to gather sympathy and try to besmirch Iowa's win, talk about a little bitch..... never used besmirch before in a sentence, did I do it right?
I actually now want to go back and try to watch the Wisky vs Penn St. game to see if there was a similar situation with injuries. That was a close game on the road similar to the Iowa game. Anybody catch phantom injuries in the Wisky Penn St game?

I don't know that we need to go ask anyone.
Go back and listen to the announcers. They were definitely pro home team. No doubt about it. Can't say they are Hawk fans or would do the same tomorrow, but the play-by-play guy wanted an exciting home win. Their network....their 'big game day'. Just listen to him on the Ragaini TD.

I watched the rerun of that game at about midnight that night (couldn't watch live for a variety of reasons).

You can hear it in the call "And 'another' Penn State defender is injured." I sensed it at the time. I heard that and kinda looked up instead of going back to my phone as that's a sure sign of commercials. Looked up and the guy pops up and walks off the field. Then it happened again like 2 plays later. Both players came back is my recollection. I think I even took mental note of the player numbers.

It felt fishy. And 'flopping' isn't really on my radar. I'm not a huge in depth follow-every-last-nuance of football type guy.

No doubt they had some legit injuries on other plays. No doubt it's possible they weren't flopping. I can't say beyond reasonable doubt they were. But.....I'm not in court of law and Judge Wapner is nowhere in sight.....so.....

What amazes me the most is that they're more upset with the 70,000 fans in attendance and coaches for their reaction, yet the announcers made it clear to the entire viewing audience that it was going on and commented on it as well.

And glad KF stood his ground and responded with a statement that praised the fan base.
As loud and deafening as Kinnick was on Saturday night the crowd was electric and both he and the team know it. Screw bulletin board material there are times when it's perfectly acceptable for a coach to comment when another coach (and fanbase) is way out of line and simply got busted playing their own game. Good for him and expect nothing less from the PSU staff or their "win at all costs while looking the other way" fanbase.

Anyone know of a “free” Penn State message board where one could tro…, uh, participate in the discussion? I don’t want to pay.

“I also know for a fact that people – there are two people in our building – that have been places where [faking injuries is a thing]. Scuba or dive and turtle were the code words for it, so it goes on."

Tyler Barnes was on the Vanderbilt staff during some of the time Franklin was HC.

“I also know for a fact that people – there are two people in our building – that have been places where [faking injuries is a thing]. Scuba or dive and turtle were the code words for it, so it goes on."

Tyler Barnes was on the Vanderbilt staff during some of the time Franklin was HC.
Interesting.....

When you got guys that worked for you who know what was done it's inconceivable for a guy to grandstand like Franklyn. I guess he figures no former coach of his is going to rat on him. He's a phony just like Fleck.

Surprised someone hasn't put together a video by now.

Long Iowa gain, injured player, player eventually bouncing up and walking off, player back in game... Repeat. Add announcer comments and clip of Iowa fan making fun of one of the fakers as well as Iowa coaches bringing to refs attention.

End with Kirk's "fans smelled a rat" clip

Be sure to post also Pedo State board

To be honest, in the coach's seat, I'd give it a non answer and make it obvious there was no more info forthcoming.

It's a cliche, but it's on to Purdue with 100% focus. Maybe there is private exchange with league officiating regarding our concerns and perhaps a quick talk with Coach Woods about on field behavior, but those are both low priority background threads.

I'm not making a peep publicly. No way. All that's going to do is fan the flames and give PSU more bulletin board fodder and create distraction for the team. Distraction is the enemy, any place I can head it off as a coach, I will do so with extreme prejudice.

If the fans want to snipe at each other on Twitter, let them knock themselves out. Behind closed doors we've had our chat or email with officiating or whatever, but the public will never hear a peep about it from my mouth as coach.

I thought of this and cringed as KF gave an answer. And it ignited yet one more round of discussion. Best leave it for the offseason

Sounds like KF has let it go (it was not raised as a topic of discussion on his 1 hr radio show last night). My guess is he will not field any more questions, probably shouldn't have commented on Tuesday (though I am sure Hawk fans appreciated the support).

Probably time for us to let it go as well. On to Purdue...

That MFer Franklin hasn't let it go. He came out yesterday with a prepared statement and rambled for about 5 mins on it. Geesh.

Part of me wishes Barnes would just come out and rat on him, but I also know there's dirty shit done by almost every program. Barnes would also have to answer the question of, "Did you go along with and support flopping when you worked for Franklin?" and I don't want to open that can of worms.

He's KF's son in law and Kerk ain't lettin that narrative get opened up by anyone.

That MFer Franklin hasn't let it go. He came out yesterday with a prepared statement and rambled for about 5 mins on it. Geesh.
He did make some good points about Mustipher. He's done for the year. I get it.

But there were flops in that game. I sat on their bench's side and saw a couple of them come off the field like nothing ever happened. 17 was DEFINITELY a flop. No doubt about it.

But if he wanted to explain his view he should have said, I know it looked bad because of timing, but we didn't do it. And we have these valid injuries A, B, and C...and just let it go. Let the situation speak for itself after your first comment and then let it go. Like Ferentz.

Call it even and say, "I'll trade your boos and my legit injured player for the momentum killing we did to you by those couple flops and we'll both move on."

And because I'm not a coward or a liar, I will publicly admit I booed. And I was booing when Mustipher got hurt. I'm sorry to you, Mustipher, but your team and coaches are a bunch of buttholes.

At the end of the day, college football wouldn't be as much fun of there wasn't some sort of WWF beefs going on anyway.

He did make some good points about Mustipher. He's done for the year. I get it.

But there were flops in that game. I sat on their bench's side and saw a couple of them come off the field like nothing ever happened. 17 was DEFINITELY a flop. No doubt about it.

But if he wanted to explain his view he should have said, I know it looked bad because of timing, but we didn't do it. And we have these valid injuries A, B, and C...and just let it go. Let the situation speak for itself after your first comment and then let it go. Like Ferentz.

Call it even and say, "I'll trade your boos and my legit injured player for the momentum killing we did to you by those couple flops and we'll both move on."

And because I'm not a coward or a liar, I will publicly admit I booed. And I was booing when Mustipher got hurt. I'm sorry to you, Mustipher, but your team and coaches are a bunch of buttholes.

At the end of the day, college football wouldn't be as much fun of there wasn't some sort of WWF beefs going on anyway.
He's almost lucky that they did have some legit ones. That's what he's hiding behind as much as anything with his excuse making. He didn't address the couple that were obvious as hell to have been flops.

As far as the fans go I look at it this way they were booing the coaches for telling the kid to take a dive. Not the actual injured kid.

At this point it's gotten to where it's the middle of the week. I guess since they are off this week he's got time to kill. So much for moving on. I mean us keyboard warriors yeah we live for this piddly drama. But for him to be dwelling on it 4 days later still is a statement in and of itself.

Kirk has the smoking gun and with the shit he had to go through the last couple of years I think has made him very candid. You can tell when he shakes hands to opposing coaches who he respects and who he doesn't. Kirk is old-school and earned everything he has gotten. Even being the second choice for this job. Kirk can see the end and really why should he put up with this shit.