Who wins the Big Ten next Year?

As sick as it makes me, I'll go with neb. I can't fully express how lucky they r go join this yr. They would have been .500 last yr at best. Sad thing is that fan base will get worse, if it's possiblw

I had OSU over Nebraska for the league title. Now, if I had to wager, I'd take Nebraska...dont want to see that though.

Hate to say it, but Nebraska has to be the favorite with all of this Osu crap going down.

It would be intense to see a division championship game vs Nebraska this year! I can only hope that happens.

I'm thinking OSU gets along the same lines of punishment as USC and, If I have this correct wouldn't they be banned from the Championship game ? So , I'm thinking Wisky gets in some way or the other. We have a very soft schedule this year so almost anything can happen. I watched Nebraska play ISU last year and they were god awful--and got worse as the season progressed. The entire media will have Nebraska winning the Big Ten very easily but I see our division as being a very tight race.

I am sure I will get made fun of for this, but I feel what Northwestern brings back to both sides of the ball makes them the favorite on the Legends. Wisconsin lost a ton and has no proven QB, but do return some key talent on the defensive side of the ball, but I think Penn State is the favorite coming out of that side of the league- if OSU can't go to the championship game.

Persa is now the best QB in the league, Tolzien was a big key to Wisconsin's success and I am not sure if they have an answer at that position right now.

Poll question on espn today was:

Who will win the Big 10 in 2011?
a) Wisconsin
b) Nebraska
c) Michigan State
d) Penn St.
e) Other

Hawks! Cooker and Morris will go down as two of best to ever play in Iowa City! 3 B1G Championships each.

Wow, I looked at that poll on espn and now I see why vegas is so rich. I hope all these "band wagon" people taking Nebraska to win it, realize they have no depth at alot of positions. I can see losing one or two for atleast 3 games or so. I think thats getting by good on the injury scale and it could be worse.
No way Nebraska is better than Mich St or even possibly Iowa on a healthy day, (both teams 100%).
They couldnt move the ball, they couldnt stop the run, they have several new coaches, they are changing things on both sides of the ball coming into the B10.
Kinda sounds like rebuild mode if you ask me, not title contenders.
As someone said, if they go real far it does infact look REAL bad for the B10.
But if Iowa does make it and Wiskey does, would'nt that be something. :) History preserved

Last edited:
I like Iowa playing Nebraska the last week of the regular season. That's pretty much an entire season from the first game and a lot can happen in this time period.

Come November we will have a much better idea where Iowa and Nebraska sit leading into the Thanksgiving weekend match up. We will be able to see how Nebraska does against all other Big Ten teams on their schedule before playing Iowa.

That said and based on what we know today, I think Michigan State has the best shot of winning the title (however, I liked OSU before JT resigned). It could come down to as many as 6 or 7 teams having a chance depending on injuries and the breaks.

I think it's a 3 team race between Northwestern, Nebraska and Iowa. Don't get me wrong, I ain't giving Northwestern credit for being good, I'm saying the conference is gonna be way down. Bince Iowa has a pretty soft schedule against the other division and O'Keefe is the best in the business at grooming 10+ win QBs, Iowa ain't out of it. Nebraska has a decent shot because of the general weakness of the conference - they would have been like 4-4 or 3-5 last year, but they could go 6-2 or better in 2011.
I find this laughable. The Big 12 was a better conference than the B1G last year. MSU was a sham, Wisky got beat by a mid-major in their bowl, and tO$U, well, they had to cheat to beat a 3rd rate SEC school.

DoNU went 2-2 against the top teams in the Big 12, the 2 losses coming by a total of 6 points with our starting qb playing at about 30%. With a healthy T-Mart (last year), I would have liked our chances against the 2 we lost. I would have expected better results in the B1G last year.

I find this laughable. The Big 12 was a better conference than the B1G last year. MSU was a sham, Wisky got beat by a mid-major in their bowl, and tO$U, well, they had to cheat to beat a 3rd rate SEC school.

DoNU went 2-2 against the top teams in the Big 12, the 2 losses coming by a total of 6 points with our starting qb playing at about 30%. With a healthy T-Mart (last year), I would have liked our chances against the 2 we lost. I would have expected better results in the B1G last year.
Can you honestly read your post with a straight face?

Nebraska has alot to do, they were not known for putting up points against a good D and relying on there D, which does work to an EXTENT.
I would agree to some extent, and hopefully by getting rid of an OC that did not fit what the HC wanted, points will come much easier. Even scoring a few points in the games that were lost would have turned those losses into wins. The talent is there, lets see if the coaches can put them in a position to succeed.

They just could not stop the run. Those are two elements that are required to go very far.
I'm not sure (hopeful, at least) that I would say that. Pelini's defenses were built to stop the spread passing game, which we did in every game we played, with the exception of OSU. Even while giving up some yards rushing, the defense played very well overall, and limited teams to low total yardage and point totals. We will probably see some different things schematically from the defense, based on the offense being faced.

Wow, I looked at that poll on espn and now I see why vegas is so rich. I hope all these "band wagon" people taking Nebraska to win it, realize they have no depth at alot of positions. I can see losing one or two for atleast 3 games or so. I think thats getting by good on the injury scale and it could be worse.
No depth at a lot of positions, care to elaborate? While there certainly are depth concerns (which team doesn't have that issue), there is quite a bit of talent coming in. Yes, they will be green, but the offensive weapons will be there.

No way Nebraska is better than Mich St or even possibly Iowa on a healthy day, (both teams 100%).
I couldn't disagree more. As a matter of fact, I would say the exact opposite, no way that MSU or Iowa are better than DoNU, both teams being at 100%.

They couldnt move the ball, they couldnt stop the run, they have several new coaches, they are changing things on both sides of the ball coming into the B10. Kinda sounds like rebuild mode if you ask me, not title contenders.
I think that I answered this earlier, see up above. Don't underestimate the talent and what an even decent coach can do with it.

As someone said, if they go real far it does infact look REAL bad for the B10.
I'm trying to figure this out. You take the team that was the 2 year back to back runner up in a better conference (by 4 points total), and you would have to assume that they would at least compete for or be in the discussion for the B1G championship. How could that look REAL bad?

Last edited:
Can you honestly read your post with a straight face?
Easily, because it's all true. Does Nebraska have some questions, absolutely, but our defense will keep us in every game. If the offense has a pulse, it will be a huge plus.

Arkansas was the 2nd best SEC team, and OSU did beat them. Wisconsin barely lost to a team that could've played in the NC.

Oklahoma beat an 8-5 UCONN, and Nebby got manhandled by Washington.

I love the way you throw out mid-major when referring to TCU, to downgrade the Wisconsin lose. Bottom line, both Wisconsin and TCU were more than capable of running a train on Nebraska last year. Love the recap of last year. Since you're talking about the two loses coming by a combined total of 6 points, lets remind everyone about how you barely snuck past ISU. And seriously no matter how you look at it, you're essentially bragging about .500 football against the top of the conference. Regardless of what conference you play in .500 against the best teams in the conference simply doesn't cut it.

And quit with the chest pumping about how awesome you were in the Big 12. You were in the Big 12 North!!! Solid conference overall? Yes, but please the north wasn't exactly the strongest division in college football.
I think Nebraska definitely does a lot of good for teh conference, but let's not forget that this isn't the Nebraska of the 90s.

Latest posts