Who will be our Running Back committ?

I think Gordon from Wisconsin seems the most likely choice. I still think Miller goes to Mizzou or KU, and Coe has over 30 offers, and it is hard to turn down Nick Saban. Iowa has to hope that the other schools are looking at him primarily for the LB spot, and he really wants to be the back.

I think Gordon from Wisconsin seems the most likely choice. I still think Miller goes to Mizzou or KU, and Coe has over 30 offers, and it is hard to turn down Nick Saban. Iowa has to hope that the other schools are looking at him primarily for the LB spot, and he really wants to be the back.

Miller de committed from kansas and I don't think Mizz is in the hunt. Also, Coe has said his top three and Alabama isn't in it. We have a pretty good shot at Coe.

I think we land Miller and Gordon. Miller has been pretty high on us for a while now and would be my first choice. Gordon would be next. That pipeline to Wisconsin is really Big for Iowa. With Nebby coming and Wisconsin probably in the same division; Wisconsin needs to fall anyway possible. I like Coe, but this kid is a linebacker.

I think we land Miller and Gordon. Miller has been pretty high on us for a while now and would be my first choice. Gordon would be next. That pipeline to Wisconsin is really Big for Iowa. With Nebby coming and Wisconsin probably in the same division; Wisconsin needs to fall anyway possible. I like Coe, but this kid is a linebacker.

Coe is a better fit at Iowa and if he moves to linebacker so be it...

I don't have a preference for who we get at RB. I just want a guy who wants to be a Hawkeye. I think that Coe, Gordon, and Miller each bring plenty of talent to the table. I'm cool with whoever ends up deciding to be a Hawk.

I don't have a preference for who we get at RB. I just want a guy who wants to be a Hawkeye. I think that Coe, Gordon, and Miller each bring plenty of talent to the table. I'm cool with whoever ends up deciding to be a Hawk.
I'm sure its just dreaming but I want all three. I think they are all good enough to get on the field for two years starting anyway.

Miller de committed from kansas and I don't think Mizz is in the hunt. Also, Coe has said his top three and Alabama isn't in it. We have a pretty good shot at Coe.

Coe's top 3 are Iowa, Kansas State, and Mizzou...and from what I've read, I get the impression that schools sit in that order.

I like where Iowa is sitting with Coe....and he is my favorite recruit...so I'm damn happy it looks like he'll be a Hawk.

Coe's top 3 are Iowa, Kansas State, and Mizzou...and from what I've read, I get the impression that schools sit in that order.

I like where Iowa is sitting with Coe....and he is my favorite recruit...so I'm damn happy it looks like he'll be a Hawk.

Wow, that would be great news. No Nebraska?

Wow, that would be great news. No Nebraska?

Not as of an article I read in June.

In June it was Iowa, KSU, or Mizzou.

I believe his grandfather may have played for KSU, which is why he has interest there.

This was all per an article I read in June...I'd be curious to see another update soon with him and get a feel for where he is at now.

We are already stacked at RB, and with Coe's size and speed he could also play linebacker. I just wanna throw this out there, but has anyone thought about sticking him at WR. 6'4, 4.5 great size and speed for a wideout and thats what we are going to need after the next couple years.

We are already stacked at RB, and with Coe's size and speed he could also play linebacker. I just wanna throw this out there, but has anyone thought about sticking him at WR. 6'4, 4.5 great size and speed for a wideout and thats what we are going to need after the next couple years.

For all we know he could come in and unseed some players at RB. The way we lose RB's we will need all the depth we can get.

Coe wants to play RB in college.
I vote Coe. Nick Bell size with Shonn Greene's feet is my impression from videos.
If he wants to play HB great, just get him on campus. I think this kid could play anything but QB, CB, or OL if he wants to. He could play OL too, it would just be a waste. Miller and Gordon look like quality HB's but I think Coe might be something special, even if he doesn't end up at that position.

I think it would be great if we were overloaded with quality athletes at the RB position. We have 3 guys right now that have shown themselves to be decent B10 RBs but none have performed at an all B10 level, albeit they are still young. I would like to see 1-2 guys emerge as stars and perhaps a few others could shift to a position of greater need like safety??

I'm not sold on 4.5 after watching that, but he has tremendous feet, and really amazing balance considering his size. Guys that are 6'4" you wouldn't think of as having great balance in a mud game, particularly at running back.

Where did you see that? From what I've seen those teams are not in the hunt.

Iowa Football Recruiting 2011 - ESPN
"Three on top for athlete Rodney Coe

High three-star talent Rodney Coe (Edwardsville, Ill.) revealed three leaders for ESPN affiliate Web site CrimsonConfidential.com.

"Three schools for sure I know will be there are Auburn, Arkansas, and Iowa. Those three schools are my top three, I may add some more to make it a top 5 or 7, I'm not sure. But I do know that I like each of these three schools and have a high interest," he said.

I'm at the point where I'm narrowing it down. I don't have a plan for my commitment. I will likely take those three visits and maybe those will be the only three. I could potentially commit on my first or second visit even, I just don't know. Right now with those visits I'm going to spend some time looking it all over."

Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, USC, Kansas State, Missouri, Illinois, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Clemson, Michigan State, Minnesota, Kansas and Notre Dame among others have also offered."

Where did you see that? From what I've seen those teams are not in the hunt.

Iowa Football Recruiting 2011 - ESPN
"Three on top for athlete Rodney Coe

High three-star talent Rodney Coe (Edwardsville, Ill.) revealed three leaders for ESPN affiliate Web site CrimsonConfidential.com.

"Three schools for sure I know will be there are Auburn, Arkansas, and Iowa. Those three schools are my top three, I may add some more to make it a top 5 or 7, I'm not sure. But I do know that I like each of these three schools and have a high interest," he said.

I'm at the point where I'm narrowing it down. I don't have a plan for my commitment. I will likely take those three visits and maybe those will be the only three. I could potentially commit on my first or second visit even, I just don't know. Right now with those visits I'm going to spend some time looking it all over."

Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, USC, Kansas State, Missouri, Illinois, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Clemson, Michigan State, Minnesota, Kansas and Notre Dame among others have also offered."

Anyone notice how he's only a 3-star guy on ESPN, but a 5-star on Scout? I bet if he chose to go to Florida, ESPN would make him a 5-star.

Latest posts