Who will be our Running Back committ?

They have four that can start on any number of teams, they can recruit a little waterbug type that can be used for kickoff returns and a number of ways on offense. It isn't a big pressing need so Iowa can be picky.

Im actually going to go with an off the radar type guy. While it would be nice to get some of the top RB on our list, we are stacked at RB for the moment. I am really hoping Coe or Miller commits but I am not banking on it.

Coe has been my favorite RB of our current targets....I am REALLY hoping he decides to be a hawkeye. The guy can flat out play.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOTMc92OX7A]YouTube - Rodney Coe #21 Edwardsville High School[/ame]

He is 6'4" 240 LBS with a reported 40 time of 4.5. This guy looks like AP when he runs (notice I said "looks like" - the running style seems similar).

I'd really like Iowa to pull Coe/Gordon....I'd be VERY happy with that.

That's it. After watching that video I'm going to start my 'come to Iowa Mr. Coe' campaign.
Iowa is the perfect place for someone with his skillset.Iowa excells at creating NFL RBs,TEs and LBs.And this guy can take his pick and enjoy a great college career.

Thanks for posting that Coe Video. You are right when you can say that he can flat-out play! That was a fun video to watch.

Not sure about him being 4.5, but man, that kid is nifty for his size, has great balance and isn't afraid of lighting people up. At times, I wasn't sure if I was more impressed with his O or his D. Also some great ko returns - especially the first when he hurdles that kid after running 50+ yards.

I think Coe or Miller is who we need...

I'm only shying away from Gordon at this point because he seems to be shying away from us while Miller seems to be warming up.

I think we could go with both Coe and Miller or Gordon. I see a return to a thunder and lightening RB set. Compared to Coe and Coker, Miller and Gordon would be lightening vs thunder in style. With their physical style and build, either Coe or Coker are going to get hurt at some point and, past experience shows, another one we already have will probably get hurt. Wegher may still go the WR route, especially if we don't pick up another speedy WR in this class. If Coe gets hurt at RB, I think he would go on the defensive side, if he hadn't been convinced of that before then. That would leave us with barely enough at RB. I say take 2 or more.

UncleHawk

That's it. After watching that video I'm going to start my 'come to Iowa Mr. Coe' campaign.
Iowa is the perfect place for someone with his skillset.Iowa excells at creating NFL RBs,TEs and LBs.And this guy can take his pick and enjoy a great college career.

no we dont

Re: Who will be our Running Back commit?

I'm only shying away from Gordon at this point because he seems to be shying away from us while Miller seems to be warming up.

I think we could go with both Coe and Miller or Gordon. I see a return to a thunder and lightening RB set. Compared to Coe and Coker, Miller and Gordon would be lightening vs thunder in style. With their physical style and build, either Coe or Coker are going to get hurt at some point and, past experience shows, another one we already have will probably get hurt. Wegher may still go the WR route, especially if we don't pick up another speedy WR in this class. If Coe gets hurt at RB, I think he would go on the defensive side, if he hadn't been convinced of that before then. That would leave us with barely enough at RB. I say take 2 or more.

UncleHawk

We only get one of the three backs you mention, Gordon,Coe, Miller. I cant see us taking more than one back this year with what we have now. Melvin gordon is still an Iowa lean!!!!

Re: Who will be our Running Back commit?

How has Gordon cooled on Iowa? He compares all schools to Iowa and
is saving his last official visit for Iowa City.

I think Coe is the best athlete of the three and is probably the best fit at RB for Iowa's system...but all three are great players....I just hope we get at least one of them...two would be phenomenal.

Latest posts