Who Was The Best At Herky The Hawk of All Time?

I was Herky for the 2003 and 2004 seasons. There were actually 5 of us who performed during the home football games, but only 1 went to the away games, which we rotated. I performed at each home game during both seasons and the 2003 ISU and 2004 Illinois away games. I can honestly say that the Hawks went undefeated the entire time I was in the suit. So without sounding too conceited, I'd like to nominate...me.

Finally! A legit "best of" thread that actually demands more than a quick Google of the archives. All those other time fillers were getting played. I have no clue about any of the Herkys except a couple memories....
Like, remember that one time, where Herky gets in a faux fight with Cy and Sparty and that guy from Purdue with the hammer? That was awesome. That Herky was pretty good.
Then that one time, where a flock of Herkys grabbed that brown lion and racked him against the goal post. Priceless! I LOL'd! Those Herkys were really good.
It's too hard to pick.

What started out as a joke thread turned out to be pretty cool and informative. The unsung hereos. The Herky's. I suppose there were some women who were Herky's as well?

I heard that the old costume was a challenge to wear around - especially the head gear. True?
I have to say I like the newer one better.

Latest posts