"Who wants 8 Domino Pizza?" Game thread

Ok ... not a single one of your star players can hit the ocean. Gesell continues to make dumb decisions and miss free throws. Woody fouls out. You only lose by 6-8, on the road, to the preseason favorite and a legit top 10 team who desparately needed the W to stay in the conference race.

Take it. Flush it. Move on. Win out.

I'm getting sick of Gesell at the end of games. He can't make clutch free throws ever. He makes stupid drives to the lane into the trees and gets blocked or stripped or takes a terrible shot.

Ok ... not a single one of your star players can hit the ocean. Gesell continues to make dumb decisions and miss free throws. Woody fouls out. You only lose by 6-8, on the road, to the preseason favorite and a legit top 10 team who desparately needed the W to stay in the conference race.

Agreed.

Not the end of the world. We're still leading the BIG. Shake it off and move on to the next game. Keep your heads up Hawks!!!!!!! Hawkeye Nation is behind you!!!

I still think we could win the Big Ten but I think Maryland is a better team.

We we have shooters but still a little soft and lack any depth at big men.

Maryland exposed those weaknesses.

Clemmons was the better pg that game. Crap, losing sucks. Just get the next one. We'll be fine

not like maryland played well, nobody stepped up for Iowa aside from woodbury. Usually if a guy is off, another guy goes off.......not tonight. Not gonna win a lot of games if woody's the only one having a above average game.

Yep. I really hope the team takes this approach. Gesell needs to pull his head outta.... But we shouldn't shoot this bad again.

Thank Guys There is no way Hawks can win by poor shooting 44.1% FG , 23.1% of three points , and 69.6% of FT made.
Crazy! Let's not blame it on one player. The whole team are in it for the team win or lose.

While this was not a bad loss, our boys were in it by not playing all that well. Stats seemed fairly close overall, except for free throws. Terps made seven more free throws than the Hawks in eight more attempts. Maybe that is the telling story.

not like maryland played well, nobody stepped up for Iowa aside from woodbury. Usually if a guy is off, another guy goes off.......not tonight. Not gonna win a lot of games if woody's the only one having a above average game.
Clemmons and Uhl were both terrific

Clemmons should be in the final two minutes and Gesell should be on the bench. He never does anything beneficial in tight games with not much time left. He can't make clutch free throws. Ever. He makes stupid decisions with the ball like driving to the basket without a plan. The game was over when he missed the front end of that one and one.

Iowa is a good to very good team, but they certainly have weaknesses that can be exploited. They just need to work at improving and go out and beat all the teams they are supposed to beat, plus steal a good win at Michigan or Indiana.

Thank Guys There is no way Hawks can win by poor shooting 44.1% FG , 23.1% of three points , and 69.6% of FT maded. Crazy MY bad iit's Maryland stats. Iowa stats are 43.5% FG, 21.7%TP, and 60.0% FT.