Who travels the farthest to kinnick

Season ticket holder since 2003. Use to do the long drive from Chicagoland out to Iowa City, week-in and week-out for many years (didn't miss a single home game either) as well as quite a few away games.

Got smart about 3 years ago and just moved back to IC. My commute time now is about 15 minutes. Best move ever!

I've often thought it would be cool if the ticket office did a map plotting the location of season ticket holders. It would be interesting to see how many come from outside the immediate Iowa City area...and from where.

You might try the Motel 6 at the 225 exit (Little Amana). I stayed there last Saturday night for $43.99.

Also can get some great food before and after the game!!!

Usually make it to one game a year, where my old pal (who lives in Johnston) and I tailgate at the dental fraternity. Coming from Calabasas in sunny Southern California, home of the Kardashians. Go Hawks!

We travel 4 hours and my kids travel 2.5 hours from sioux falls to get to Emmetsburg where we take the motorhome to the dental lot north of the bubble every week.

Go HAWKS

OMG, those of you driving from Minnesota & Wisconsin must hate those 11 am kickoffs. What time you driving down or do you come down the night before?

FYI, just an hour and 45 minute drive for me. But I cannot afford to attend many games with a family of 6. I will be a season ticket holder once the kids are gone (or older).

I stay with my folks in Coralville.

Section136 it takes me only 3 hours and 20 minutes with a stop. :D

Last edited:
There's a guy who sits two rows behind me who's a season ticket holder but moved to San Francisco a few weeks before the season started. Missed the Louisianna Monroe and Pitt games because he was at Octoberfest in Germany but has made to the other two so far and weather permitting will make it to the rest of the home games this year. He's got kids in Iowa City, but I couldn't help but laugh when he said he didn't know how much longer he'd be able to fly in for games because it's getting pretty costly. IMO that's unreal.

Live in Garland, TX. Have had season tix for 6 or 7 years and usually go to 3-4 home games and an away game each season. Fly to avoid the 13 hour drive but have done it once or twice.

Live in Garland, TX. Have had season tix for 6 or 7 years and usually go to 3-4 home games and an away game each season. Fly to avoid the 13 hour drive but have done it once or twice.

That's insane. Anyone who hops a plane for home games gets the superfan title in my book. Very impressive.

I will make it to two games this year from Colorado Springs. Have a daughter going to school at the U of I right now so it will probably drop off after she graduates.

There's a guy on here who live in Phoenix with season tix and flies to every home game.

Latest posts