Who travels the farthest to kinnick

Marinette, WI, on the border of the UP. 6 hours. I've missed two games this year because of work and will be missing the Michigan game for a conference I can't skip, but have season tickets. Usually leave early from work on Friday and try to get in by 10:00 that night.

A friend of mine lives in the Denver CO area. Before he had kids he had season tickets, and made it to at least 4 home games a year.

In 2002 he was on business in Hawaii for a number of weeks. He flew from Honolulu to Denver, and met his wife at the airport on Friday night, to fly to Detroit. On Sat. they attended the game with a group of friends and I. Sat. night they flew back to Denver where he was for one night before jumping on a plane to head back to Honolulu on Sunday morning. So, basically he traveled from Hawaii just to watch the Hawks play in Mighigan.

The ironic part is that he got his masters degree from Iowa State. He has always hated the cyclones, and probably always will.

Marinette, WI, on the border of the UP. 6 hours. I've missed two games this year because of work and will be missing the Michigan game for a conference I can't skip, but have season tickets. Usually leave early from work on Friday and try to get in by 10:00 that night.

Sorry for derailing this thread but Im looking for extras for the Michigan game. Have you sold yours yet?

I live in Shenandoah, Ia...takes us about 4.5 hours or slightly less depending on traffic and deer. We usually leave around 3:00 a.m. for an 11:00 game. I wrote a blog about my experiences...check it out. We have had season tickets for 6 years.

Dakota Dunes SD, 5 hours.... we go to at least 3-4 home football games and all home BB games and a lot of away BB games! Our Yukon XL knows the way to Carver and Kinnick by itself so we get plenty of sleep! :) WE LOVE IT!! Go Hawks!!

10-15 minute shuttle/walk time from Hancher (I live right across the street from the Hancher lot).

But damnit, that shuttle/walk feels like an ETERNITY!!!!

I win :D

Season Tickets - Hull, IA - 330 miles - 5.5 - 6 Hrs. Depending how many farmers are on the road :)

I live in Shenandoah, Ia...takes us about 4.5 hours or slightly less depending on traffic and deer. We usually leave around 3:00 a.m. for an 11:00 game. I wrote a blog about my experiences...check it out. We have had season tickets for 6 years.

Awesome blog loess!

Season tickets and go to every home game. Travel from Rochester,MN. Takes between 3.5 and 4 hours to get to Iowa City. Wouldn't be so bad except HWY 63 is mostly two lane between Rochester and Waterloo and speed limit is 55. It's hard to pass the slow people because it's curvy and hilly so until you get to Waterloo, the trip drags.

I don't like the 11am games because I have to leave really early, 5:30, if I have any hope of tailgating. Seems we always leave later. Hotels too expensive to come the night before.

Very nice Halloween Avatar, MN, wear a mask like that for the Indiana game, and the snail-like pace of the opposing vehicles will quicken as they frantically attempt to avoid confrontation.....

:)

Sioux Falls SD - 6 hrs - season ticket holder. Break the trip up by staying in DM either Friday or Saturday night depending on game time.

Now this is dedication. Well done fellas.

I have 3 tix and our group has 9 together. I make probably 4 games each yr, swap the rest with our group, take the kids to 1 or 2. We stay at family over the weekend, so come down Friday night normally.

We have made a day trip out of the 2:30 kickoffs twice, ISU last yr. Sometimes after the 11:00 KOs we head back home around 4-5:00 after tailgating awhile postgame, no drinking for me then....

Great blog. And to think thousands of others have that same excitement every Saturday morning headed to Kinnick, I know I do.

Minnetonka,MN...about 4 1/2 hour to IC. We make 4 or 5 games/yr (have season tickets)
Hate the 11am kickoffs, but we come down on Friday night and make it back home by 8-ish Saturday. Have relatives in CR, we sometimes stay with them.

Little over 200 miles, just over 3 hours with a pit stop for supplies.

If I leave Saturday morning for an 11 am kickoff...I hit the road by 4...usually try to head down Friday if possible.

2:45 nonstop from Plainfield, IL to Iowa City. Almost always come up on Friday night. Always out the hotel door by 6:30am to get tailgating started.

I live in Marshalltown so it's only a 92 mile trip, but I've had season tickets since 2003.

In that time I've made the trip to Iowa City over 50 times just for football. That doesn't count the basketball games I've attended.

Latest posts