Who stays and who goes

Today I saw a since deleted tweet by Nebraska Hawks Nest about a player who may leave and circumstances surrounding it. It was a gross rumor and unfit for a public forum. I think his 8 year old kid got a hold of the account. Or the that guy has no sense of maturity. Did anyone else see this. ?

I saw the original tweet. No idea if it has legs or not...

Today I saw a since deleted tweet by Nebraska Hawks Nest about a player who may leave and circumstances surrounding it. It was a gross rumor and unfit for a public forum. I think his 8 year old kid got a hold of the account. Or the that guy has no sense of maturity. Did anyone else see this. ?
No I didn't but a buddy of mine told me the gist of it who did. All I can say is I really really hope it's not true and I'd have a tough time believing it if it was.

I saw the original tweet. No idea if it has legs or not...

That was my tweet that asked him why he's put that on a public forum. The response was "because its news!". that was also deleted. The last tweet made me think it was the 8 year old kid.

Portal: Tracy (FWIW he threw a few great blocks on Saturday, including on Jones' jet sweeps), Padilla, Lawson, Craddieth, Bracy, Britt, Vines

Draft: Goodson (50/50 but what does he really gain from returning other than injury risk?), Moss, Linderbaum, Belton

Campbell has some awful looks on tape that he will need to clean up in relation to pass coverage and general change of direction. Honestly he would be a better fit as a 3-4 OLB.

LaPorta could move up considerably with more consistent hands/body position. He should look at that box out and one-handed grab the Michigan tight end had on Belton for inspiration.
Except for Padilla and Tracy, which is straightforward, why do you think the others are transferring? Has there been any indication?

Except for Padilla and Tracy, which is straightforward, why do you think the others are transferring? Has there been any indication?
No indication other than it seems like we have trouble getting out-of-territory kids to stay for more than two years if they haven't seen the field. Britt and Vines have both been passed up by true freshman on the depth chart.

Goodson leaving might surprise people, but as I have said on this forum and others there really is no upside to coming back for an extra year and there is a hole lot of injury risk at RB. He will get a shot at an NFL roster (drafted or not) and can always finish his degree online.

Goodson to skip bowl game and begin NFL draft prep. I am sorry to see this great young man leave, but at least it is not in the transfer portal. That would have hurt. A few posters are likely happy to see him go, since they don’t think he is much good anyway. Oh well.

Looking forward to Kaleb Johnson. Looks like he can take a beating and keep on ticking.

Good luck to Tyler.

I think Leshun Williams, who is behind Gavin Williams will be a good back. 3 times in the Maryland game Dolph called him Leshun Daniels.

FBqKzRl.png

I think Tracy would flourish at Purdue. Great offensive scheme. Commonly get 4 or 5 wideouts with significant receptions in each game. Hope he does well wherever he goes (just not against IA).

Goodson to skip bowl game and begin NFL draft prep. I am sorry to see this great young man leave, but at least it is not in the transfer portal. That would have hurt. A few posters are likely happy to see him go, since they don’t think he is much good anyway. Oh well.

Not sure why so many people bag on Goodson. He did a really good job running and receiving for 3 years, a long time for runners.

And people who both call this a terrible offensive line but then bag on a guy who got about 1100 yards rushing need to think about those two opposite lines of thought. Goodson must have done a lot of great running on his own behind such a bad offensive line so he must be pretty good.

Not sure why so many people bag on Goodson. He did a really good job running and receiving for 3 years, a long time for runners.

And people who both call this a terrible offensive line but then bag on a guy who got about 1100 yards rushing need to think about those two opposite lines of thought. Goodson must have done a lot of great running on his own behind such a bad offensive line so he must be pretty good.
Searching for weaknesses in TG’s performance this season is a fool’s errand. About the only time I saw him hesitate was when he had 3 guys in his face and he was desperately looking for an out. Yeah, TG. Put your head down and barrel through 900 lbs of defenders.

Because there were times where he needed to put his head down and get the 3 yards that were there. Way too much boom or bust with him.

Do I think he needs another year? Yes. That being said I understand why he is taking his shot now.

Because there were times where he needed to put his head down and get the 3 yards that were there. Way too much boom or bust with him.

Do I think he needs another year? Yes. That being said I understand why he is taking his shot now.
There were never 3 yards available when you saw him try to find a crease. I agree with you that it is not surprising that he declared for the NFL, even though it’s a long shot. Glad he did not go to the portal, since that would be a slap in the face.

From what was said earlier here, there's a comparative dearth of running backs in the upcoming draft. That most likely tipped the balance.

Latest posts