who on here actually went to UI?

i`m only 18 i just graduated from high school, going to iowa in fall!gonna bodyslam until 2018

Last edited:
i`m only 18 i just graduated from high school, going to iowa in fall!gonna bodyslam until 2018

On the six-year plan blue?

I remember college, ten of the best years of my life. Really, though I did take a couple years off in the middle.

All at Iowa btw, but both of my parents graduated from Drake.

...But to put this to rest once and for all, Ghost and I are both Bulldog/Hawkeyes and following the banning of Vintage, the power rankings for best posters are:
1) Ghost
2) Me
Ergo, Drake is better than Iowa if Ghost says it is.

I take it your ID, O'Keef, is supposed to lend you some credibility?
EDIT: your opinion of Ghost as one of the best posters on HN doesn't lend you much credibility. You are a legend in your own mind.

Last edited:
I take it your ID, O'Keef, is supposed to lend you some credibility?
EDIT: your opinion of Ghost as one of the best posters on HN doesn't lend you much credibility. You are a legend in your own mind.

u_jelly_brah.jpg

The real question is...who was an Iowa fan
before Hayden Fry became coach? Now THOSE are true fans!

When I was a kid, I watched some Bob Commings team "knock off" Wisconsin and Northwestern, before they were any good.

All I really remember about those years is that there were still fans in the stands...and beer cans...everywhere!

03 grad here in Econ.
My brother went and graduated in 08. My dad went and graduated in 75ish. He has had football season tickets for all my 31 years on this planet. So I was a Hawk since birth.

I was born and bred in Iowa.. My Dad went to Iowa but had to withdraw when there was no money and he had to get to work in the early 50's. My older sister is an Iowa grad but I've since disowned her because she moved to Meechigan, married a "psuedo MEECHigan man" and doesn't support Hawkeye without condition. TRUE DAT

I attended and graduated from Iowa in the mid 70's and somehow managed to strech out my time there to 5 and 1/2 years although I could have graduated in 3 and 1/2 years.. mostly due to the fun I was having including CUE and HEP. You who were around back then know what CUE and HEP stood for.

During those years Iowa was probably the worst football and basketball EVER at the same time. Remember Frank and Bob as head coaches, Dick Schultz before Lute came in? Yet me and a few friends supported the Hawkeyes and actually paid for tix both at Kinnick and the old Iowa Fieldhouse. As loss after loss piled up... wrestling just started getting good and women's BB barely existed.

I'm not much into ONE HAWKEYE FAN UP MANSHIP but I got it.

AS for Duff and Ghost, trolls left and right, all of you NEWBE's post 2001 and everyone else....

The original poster "posted" a legitimate question. Everything else has been whether or not you want to post an honest answer.

btw... if you hadn't noticed.... after the first page or so when Duff and Ghost chimed I didn't bother to read anything else.

I mean what's the point?

The real question is...who was an Iowa fan
before Hayden Fry became coach? Now THOSE are true fans!

My first game in Kinnick was also Bob Commings'. No winning season since 1961. A combined 36-87-5 record under three coaches after Evy become AD; 18-37 in five years of the ol' Marine. Iowa football sucked and Iowa City was known as a coaching graveyard.

Doesn't get more hard-core than that, does it Potsie?

Latest posts