who on here actually went to UI?

I thought Iowa's PR staff was bad.
6a00d8341da2a953ef01348706ea4b970c-800wi

As I’ve said many times to many an ISU fan, the more non-alumni fans you have, the bigger more relevant your team and fan base really is. That’s a fact and it’s also what ISU is missing…..no one supports ISU because they just like them…..

As for me I went to ISU, IHCC and William Rainey Harper in Palatine Illinois and then ultimately got in the car industry. So I’m a Tavern Hok…only I haven’t drank for almost 10 years…..:D....but I started going to games when I was 11 years old and I'll be 42 in 11 days so its pretty ingrained, thats for sure....

Incidentally it really seems to grate on them that so many Iowa fans actually went to ISU and remained hard core Iowa fans. It is also interesting that most or at least, many, many of their fans were Iowa fans (some still) until they went to ISU and then switched their allegiance...they don’t seem to have many generational fans at all….

Happy early birthday, Chad. Hope you have a good one.

Drake is a better school than Iowa.

Are you basing this statement on their business, law and pharmacy schools? or on the schools in general.

Even though I am a UI grad I am open to discussion here.

My son was accepted to Drake, Iowa, and several other law schools. He chose Iowa over practically a full ride at Drake. Drake and Iowa Law are both ranked pretty close but Drake is known more for getting grads general law jobs while UI is supposedly more theoretical and research oriented.

Iowa is a better school in its having many more options in areas of study, areas in which degrees are conferred and probably in numbers of Masters and PhD programs.

What reasons are you using to make this statement?

Drake is a better school than Iowa.

My daughter went to Drake for her freshman year as Grinnell was too small and she thought the UI was too big. After a year as a biology major at Drake she transferred to Iowa and liked it much better for her biology and environmental science majors.

I am sure a lot of Chicago area kids come to Drake for pre-law, pharm, business, and nursing.

**** off troll. I don't need to throw my education around in order to validate troll threads.
I'll give the troll this, I have never seen anyone get under Ghost's skin, until now.

That being said, good answer, Ghost:)

And to the OP, I guess you never met anyone that went to Iowa because as Ghost said, you were in prison or, my two cents, you were on campus in Ames.

Are you basing this statement on their business, law and pharmacy schools? or on the schools in general.

My son was accepted to Drake, Iowa, and several other law schools. He chose Iowa over practically a full ride at Drake. Drake and Iowa Law are both ranked pretty close but Drake is known more for getting grads general law jobs while UI is supposedly more theoretical and research oriented.

Iowa is a better school in its having many more options in areas of study, areas in which degrees are conferred and probably in numbers of Masters and PhD programs.

That was something GhostofBTT said in another thread, with zero substantiation or statistical support (guess where GhostofBTT went to college?). I should have put the fallacy in quotations, so you'd know it isn't my assertion.

That was something GhostofBTT said in another thread, with zero substantiation or statistical support (guess where GhostofBTT went to college?). I should have put the fallacy in quotations, so you'd know it isn't my assertion.

I have a degree from both institutions, so I think if anyone here is able to compare the two, it would be me. Based on my experiences, I think Drake was the better school and the better experience.

Of course, the entire issue is subjective, however, as a Christian youth leader, I have handfuls of students making college choices every year, and I always recommend Drake without hesitation.

i did most of my early studies at Gene's on University Ave. - you know, the east side, where most tru-hoks come from.

not sure if that makes me a tavern hawk, or a tavern hok. I'd think that would advance me, but i'm really never sure about clownie rules on this subject as they seem to change to fit their needs...

Neither Iowa nor Drake has a good law school. But in degrees of bad, Drake is really, really bad, while Iowa's is just kind of bad. In the Midwest, I would only recommend Chicago, Michigan or Northwestern to any prospective law student today.

In terms of the grad offerings, Iowa is obviously far better. For undergrad studies, Iowa has more majors and course offerings and more labs for physical sciences or research, but the trade off is class size. In addition, at Drake you are not going to get a non-native English speaking TA teaching your class. I took two undergrad classes at Iowa and thought they were pretty much going through the motions, the teachers more or less just lectured and it was unlike most of my classes at Drake, where the students were expected to contribute to class.

With what college costs today, I would be reluctant to pay that kind of scratch for my kid to sit in a several hundred person class where the tests are all multiple guess for ease of grading and I think for development of writing and public speaking skills, smaller schools have an advantage. But the flip side is that the Big Ten campuses in Iowa City/Madison/Ann Arbor/East Lansing are all magnitudes better places to live for an 18 year old than the Missouri Valley campuses in Omaha/Neck Moines/Peoria.

But to put this to rest once and for all, Ghost and I are both Bulldog/Hawkeyes and following the banning of Vintage, the power rankings for best posters are:
1) Ghost
2) Me
Ergo, Drake is better than Iowa if Ghost says it is.

Latest posts