who on here actually went to UI?

URObsessed

just curious if anyone actually attended the university they cheer for. Ive lived in the state for 7 years now and have only met about 10 graduates from UI, whats the deal with that?

You are one of the best trolls I've ever seen.

(I graduated from THE University of Iowa by the way)

You are one of the best trolls I've ever seen.

(I graduated from THE University of Iowa by the way)

Really? wow, I didnt think there would be anyone , what year? I went for 1 year didnt graduate but did eventually get my degree at Kirkwood.

I am an '05 grad...I also received my DVM from ISU, so I am a fan of both schools. I am squarely in UI's corner when they play each other, though.

I attended THE University of DMACC in Ankeny, but have been bleeding black n gold since I was transplanted in the Hawkeye state in 94'. (Insert: COOL STORY BRO)

I know a few grads, but the Hawks are basically our pro team, so they draw fans of all kinds.

I'm from Iowa. I did not attend the University, but I root for the Hawkeyes. It's the University of Iowa. Emphasis on Iowa, not on University.

I went to the UI. I received two BS degrees in 1976 and my Masters in 1982. My parents took me to my first game in Kinnick in 1956 or 57. I have been hooked since I watched with family Evy's last team in the Rose Bowl.

If you have only met about 10 UI grads and you live around Iowa City then you need to meet some more people. There are a lot of UI grads working in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. I know 8-10 old foggies myself in the Des MOines area who are UI grads.

just curious if anyone actually attended the university they cheer for. Ive lived in the state for 7 years now and have only met about 10 graduates from UI, whats the deal with that?

I think your question tells us the type of people you hang out with.

I had the same problem when I was hanging out at the Mustang Ranch and didn't meet the virgin bride I was looking for. I had to ask myself, "How many virgin's are really here, looking for a husband, when I haven't met any yet?"

If my comments sound ignorant, I apologize, it must be because I'm an alum of the U of I as well.

I attended the University of Iowa from 1997-2002. At which point I left needing one class to graduate. That class, was freshman pre-req science.

True story.

Born and raised in Iowa City to be a die-hard Hawk fan. I attended and graduated from ISU (1994 - 1998). Didn't affect my loyalty. Still a die-hard Hawk fan.

The last thing my daddy taught me before he left momma and me for that waitress at the I80 truck stop was real men are Iowa fans. I don't need to go to a school to know they are one of the top 5 football programs in the country. **** off loser.

As I’ve said many times to many an ISU fan, the more non-alumni fans you have, the bigger more relevant your team and fan base really is. That’s a fact and it’s also what ISU is missing…..no one supports ISU because they just like them…..

As for me I went to ISU, IHCC and William Rainey Harper in Palatine Illinois and then ultimately got in the car industry. So I’m a Tavern Hok…only I haven’t drank for almost 10 years…..:D....but I started going to games when I was 11 years old and I'll be 42 in 11 days so its pretty ingrained, thats for sure....

Incidentally it really seems to grate on them that so many Iowa fans actually went to ISU and remained hard core Iowa fans. It is also interesting that most or at least, many, many of their fans were Iowa fans (some still) until they went to ISU and then switched their allegiance...they don’t seem to have many generational fans at all….

Latest posts