Who loses the most minutes...

I'd guess Baer Moss or Dailey... That'd be a 3 horse race with no clear leader in the clubhouse I'd say... It'll be a nice problem to have is Wieskamp is all that and a bag of chips that's for sure.

I'd guess Baer. He was pretty bad last year and only shot 30% from 3 point land. Cut his minutes from 21 to 10 per game and give them to wieskamp. Then he can also draw a couple minutes here and there from the other guys if hes performing

I'd guess Baer Moss or Dailey... That'd be a 3 horse race with no clear leader in the clubhouse I'd say... It'll be a nice problem to have is Wieskamp is all that and a bag of chips that's for sure.

Baer I agree. Moss and Dailey definitely not. We aren't exactly deep at the guard spots. Moss especially will still see plenty of minutes at the 2 and 3. Dailey will handle PG duties with Mac.

Baer I agree. Moss and Dailey definitely not. We aren't exactly deep at the guard spots. Moss especially will still see plenty of minutes at the 2 and 3. Dailey will handle PG duties with Mac.
Ideally for sure I agree with you. But Moss and Dailey will have to be playing well. They both were up and down a lot last yr. I think Wieskamp is more of a 3 than a 2 but I'm literally just guessing without having seen him play any D1 ball yet.

Seriously? How can an fan get excited about an eighth place basketball program. Eighth? I guess that would be an improvement over last season. You heard what Deace said and it’s true. Why would a blue chipper ever choose a program the finishes in the bottom have of the league? Someone said in a post last year about how Iowa finished tied with for or five other teams for third or fourth place one season. That’s the optimistic perspective I guess. It also could be said the tied with four or five teams for eighth place, or were just one loss away from finishing in ninth place.

The incoming freshmen are going to have to make a huge contribution this upcoming season or the team, the program, and the fans are effed.

Among returning players I have to think Pemsl and Kriener will see their minutes stagnate or decline.

Kriener will be Garza's primary backup. I don't see him losing minutes unless he isn't productive. Pemsl is a candidate because he hasn't carved out a real niche, yet. I see Daily getting minutes at 1, 2 and 3. Moss is the starter. I think others are right that Baer loses minutes as I think JW plays the 3. But I am not convinced JW is a starter as a FR, right away. I think you let him learn the system and then give him more opportunity in the B1G towards the mid-way point. JW will determine his minutes with his productivity, or not.

Seriously? How can an fan get excited about an eighth place basketball program. Eighth? I guess that would be an improvement over last season. You heard what Deace said and it’s true. Why would a blue chipper ever choose a program the finishes in the bottom have of the league? Someone said in a post last year about how Iowa finished tied with for or five other teams for third or fourth place one season. That’s the optimistic perspective I guess. It also could be said the tied with four or five teams for eighth place, or were just one loss away from finishing in ninth place.

The incoming freshmen are going to have to make a huge contribution this upcoming season or the team, the program, and the fans are effed.

They tied for 3rd 2 years in a row. That's pretty darn pessimistic to not acknowledge that. It's funny that someone so negative doesn't even know that. I'm not just talking about you either. I see posts a lot that say we finish at the bottom half of the conference all the time, yet last year was the first time it happened since Marble was a sophomore. I guess some people are just so negative it warps their memory.

Kriener will be Garza's primary backup. I don't see him losing minutes unless he isn't productive. Pemsl is a candidate because he hasn't carved out a real niche, yet. I see Daily getting minutes at 1, 2 and 3. Moss is the starter. I think others are right that Baer loses minutes as I think JW plays the 3. But I am not convinced JW is a starter as a FR, right away. I think you let him learn the system and then give him more opportunity in the B1G towards the mid-way point. JW will determine his minutes with his productivity, or not.

Last year Fran started both freshmen at times. The year before, he started 4 at times. Moody's class started 3 at times. Before that White and Besabe. Why would the best of the bunch not start when he plays the position of our weakest starter last year from such a bad team?

Last year Fran started both freshmen at times. The year before, he started 4 at times. Moody's class started 3 at times. Before that White and Besabe. Why would the best of the bunch not start when he plays the position of our weakest starter last year from such a bad team?

JW is a 3/2. So, his minutes have to come from the players at those positions. They are Baer, Moss, Daily and Nunge. Of that group, Baer is the most likely candidate. I stated that JW's minutes will be based on his performance.

Well their are reasons a kid in Cartons shoes could have picked Iowa. He'd have had the keys to the offense pretty much day 1. He would have been really close to home. By coming other top recruits could follow (Brooks, Foster paired with Patrick Mcaffery and Wieskamp Garza and Nunge would still be here) Iowa could have improved a ton really quickly. It's a domino effect that Carton could have started and it'd have been easy to look ahead and project that. To some the idea of building up a program that isn't already established would be a fun and rewarding challenge. Especially if it's one that's close to home. He could have been a really revered local hero. Now he'll just be another run of the mill player in 5 or 6 yrs forgotten about at a place like Michigan. Iowa had more going for it to try and get him then people seemed to have thought. But he just didn't look at it that way or want to prioritize things that way. Totally his right to do so. Doesn't make him wrong it just makes him similar to most other kids that have been rated that highly..

JW is a 3/2. So, his minutes have to come from the players at those positions. They are Baer, Moss, Daily and Nunge. Of that group, Baer is the most likely candidate. I stated that JW's minutes will be based on his performance.

I was responding to your comment that you're not convinced he will be a starter.

Well their are reasons a kid in Cartons shoes could have picked Iowa. He'd have had the keys to the offense pretty much day 1. He would have been really close to home. By coming other top recruits could follow (Brooks, Foster paired with Patrick Mcaffery and Wieskamp Garza and Nunge would still be here) Iowa could have improved a ton really quickly. It's a domino effect that Carton could have started and it'd have been easy to look ahead and project that. To some the idea of building up a program that isn't already established would be a fun and rewarding challenge. Especially if it's one that's close to home. He could have been a really revered local hero. Now he'll just be another run of the mill player in 5 or 6 yrs forgotten about at a place like Michigan. Iowa had more going for it to try and get him then people seemed to have thought. But he just didn't look at it that way or want to prioritize things that way. Totally his right to do so. Doesn't make him wrong it just makes him similar to most other kids that have been rated that highly..

Very well said. I've always been the guy who loves the underdog role. It wouldn't interest me one bit to go to Alabama as a football recruit or Kentucky as a basketball recruit. Everyone has different priorities. I at least get why winning is some people's highest priority. It's funny that a lot of people on here don't understand at all that the stuff you listed can be important to some kids.

Yep, Baer unless he can step it up a bit. He didn't have the best year last year. Dailey came on stronger at the end and I think Moss will be the same or a little more.

To me it’s Pemsl or Kriener who lose the minutes, likely Pemsl now that he’s slimmed down and not looking to play the 5. That is because Nunge played a good portion of his minutes at the 3 last year which was dumb, but I see his minutes going up this year and hopefully they will primarily be at the 4 spot.

Yep, Baer unless he can step it up a bit. He didn't have the best year last year. Dailey came on stronger at the end and I think Moss will be the same or a little more.
The more I think about it I tend to agree with your take on it. I lean towards Wieskamp being a 3 anyway so if Moss and Dailey both improve even just a little and get more consistent it'd be tough to take them off the floor. Baer albeit injured off and on last yr really regressed I thought. He'll have to earn it even though he'll be a senior and a favorite of Frans I can't see him just being grandfathered in if he's not playing as well...