Who is your favorite Hawkeye linebacker of all-time?

Can we include Tippett? He was identified as a DE at Iowa, but I think he actually played more like an OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Andre may have been the baddest man to ever play at Iowa.
If we can include Tippett then everyone slides down a spot on my list. He would be #1. Loved watching Andre Tippett.

Larry Station of course is the best. But if the question is favorite defensive player, then it's Tippet, though Jonathon Babineaux would be a close 2nd. . I began watching the Hawks as a kid during the really bad years. After thinking about this, I would have to change my vote for Favorite LB Tom Rusk. An Iowa kid who was just plain out tough playing for bad teams. He gave a reason to go to games.

Just rewatched last year's Indiana game and Jewellery was amazing. If he is here for two more years and stays healthy, he might be everyone's favorite.

Game: Leroy Smith, Ohio St 1991. 5 sacks
Season: Angerer, on and off the field 2009 was fantastic
Career: Greenway
Trio: Greenway, Hodge, Steen 2003.

Mel Cole, heart of Iowa's 82 Rose Bowl team. Melvin Foster who was All Big 10 and led the Iowa 91 Rose Bowl Defense.

Best Names - Pat Angerer and Mike Klinkenborg.

Most versitile - AJ Eadds, Chad Greenway, Larry Station

Bring the wood - Melvin Foster, Adbul Hodge

Blast from the Past - Brad Quast, Bobby Diacco

Station, Long and Harmon are the three most responsible for the turnaround in Iowa football and the reason we are talking about the success of Iowa over the last 30 years

I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen at least honorable mention of John Derby...

That interception is one of my earliest memories. My dad and I were watching the game at home, I was 7. for this game alone Derby is one of my favorite linebackers at iowa.

Station for certain, noone would enter his zone, or else.

Greenway, Hodge and Pat Angerer.

Wait.... no love for Melvin The Terrible.

;)