Who is the big money behind Iowa?

If you have to beg to know who is donating you are on the outside looking in.

That help you understand?

I wasn't begging for anything. I was just wondering if there is any truth behind the rhetoric about assembling big money donors to push various issues.

Trust me, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm no high roller. If I was, donating my money to watch rudock throw five yards, and helping to pay KFz's massive salary would low on my philanthropic list.

I hear a lot of talk bantered around about big money coming together to force the issue with the KFz buyout, or a myriad of other issues.

Maybe I'm naive, but does the iowa athletic department really have a lineup of billionaire donors and boosters that will open their pockets to make things rain around Iowa city? If so who?

Iowa is a small state, and relatively speaking the U of Iowa is not a massive university like Texas or Ohio state. I just don't think this bank of people exists. Iowa doesn't have t. Boone Pickens or jerry jones or the hordes donating to Texas. Our athletic department is healthy financially, but it's based on the little guys like us, not some unseen tycoon.

So I ask, does iowa actually have really deep pocket donors that can pony up millions? Name names!

Well, if there really is a lot of talk as you say, names would be named. If you heard the talk first hand and you are credible, you would be naming names. But this is the internet where anyone can hatch a rumor. And I think this post is hatching the rumor.

when it comes to stuff like this, those who are in the inner circle aren't talking and those who are not in the inner circle are talking ~ those who know, are not talking and those who do not know are doing the talking.

Jon Miller Group?

I thought it was the Kakert family trust ? lol

IOWA has waaaaaay too much class, to have a
Boone Pickens, Sam Walton or other pulling strings in the
FB or any other sports program.

After my normal 6-figure annual donation to Hawkeye Football,
I've been throwing some Benjamins at the Women's Soccer team, who
finished 2nd in the Big Ten tourney, last year !!!

I'm really confused. Maybe I'm missing something, but are people really trying to belittle other posters by saying that they aren't millionaires? And I never saw anyone on this thread claim that they were rich. :confused::confused:

If you have to beg to know who is donating you are on the outside looking in.

That help you understand?

I still don't understand why you would ask that question. Are you saying that because he's not a millionaire that he doesn't have the right to post questions on this board?

The U of I doesn't need "donors" to buy out KF's contract. They have more than enough money as I don't recall any 1 donor coming forward and buying out Lickliter's contract. The only reason ADs prefer to go to donors to beg for buyout money, is to cover their own arse. They know that if they have to take money from the athletic department or the general fund, their jobs might be on the line.

I still don't understand why you would ask that question. Are you saying that because he's not a millionaire that he doesn't have the right to post questions on this board?

The level of whining here is sad.

He asked and stated that he doubts that iowa has any big donors. If you really don't know who the donors are you are looking in from the outside. You don't have to be loaded to be perceptive, just have to have common sense. By saying you need names you are coming off sounding a jealous fool.

We all are...1 hundred big ones times the 150,000 subscriber base on HN ought to do the trick...BTW, whose our spokesperson to meet with Barta and Mason so that our Benjamin's get correctly allocated?

Well, if there really is a lot of talk as you say, names would be named. If you heard the talk first hand and you are credible, you would be naming names. But this is the internet where anyone can hatch a rumor. And I think this post is hatching the rumor.

when it comes to stuff like this, those who are in the inner circle aren't talking and those who are not in the inner circle are talking ~ those who know, are not talking and those who do not know are doing the talking.

Can the people in the "inner circle" please start paying big time players to go to iowa city like the rest of the college football world does please? (Not saying but yep I'm saying). It's how this world works.

I think the reality is that HN posters can cry, whine and b1tch all they want.....It will fall on deaf ears if it isn't hitting the U in the back pocket though. If you aren't spending/donating money, why do they care if you are upset or not?

The level of whining here is sad.

He asked and stated that he doubts that iowa has any big donors. If you really don't know who the donors are you are looking in from the outside. You don't have to be loaded to be perceptive, just have to have common sense. By saying you need names you are coming off sounding a jealous fool.
Riiiiiiiiiight..

The U of I doesn't need "donors" to buy out KF's contract. They have more than enough money as I don't recall any 1 donor coming forward and buying out Lickliter's contract. The only reason ADs prefer to go to donors to beg for buyout money, is to cover their own arse. They know that if they have to take money from the athletic department or the general fund, their jobs might be on the line.

REALLY ??

Latest posts