Who is the best WR in the Ferentz Era?

That was a sweet game to be at... esp since it was against the Gophers.

+1 that was great!

Hinkel gets my vote, the hands plus the fact that he ran stellar routes, it's a no brainer IMO

with " soup " coaching the wr's I think K. Davis will be at the top of this list by the time he's done.

Let's face it, there haven't been any dominating, game changing receivers in the Ferentz era. I think that is a fair assessment. No one single receiver stands out since 1999. K Hill 152-1892 15 Tds......Clinton Solomon 118-1864 14 TDs.......Mo Brown 84-1515 15 TDs.........Ed Hinkel 135-1588 15 TDs

Mo Brown..wow...explosive...18 yds per catch and 15 TDs on 1/3 or 1/2 the catches of the other guys. Still, no real dominating receivers. If I had to choose Clinton Solomon and Mo Brown had huge plays/impacts on big games. Solomon in the Cap One game got us started.

Ed Hinkel for sure. His hands were incredible and he was athletic enough to make some spectacular catches/plays. All around a solid receiver.

Ryan Barton 'cause he was from Jasper County.

Seriously I think Hinkel was the most complete Wide out and I thought his injury in 2005 was the key to some of our losses. Imagine having him as a coach.

And here's the Michigan one, as if you had forgotten:

l3417ef980000_1_11036.jpg

There is a motivational poster around that uses this photo. I wish I could remember what it was.

I say Kevin Kasper. Set or tied career, season and game reception records at Iowa and was a freak of an athlete.

Latest posts