Who is next head coach at Penn State?

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
I don't think there is anyone other than Urban Meyer they go after with everything. He even was asked during the PSU/Iowa game about the job and didn't shoot down the idea. He can clean house and get his own guys in and have PSU in national title game within 2 years. Exactly like he did at Florida.

Al Golden the only other option. It's still PSU and they can offer big bucks to get big name.

I don't think there is anyone other than Urban Meyer they go after with everything. He even was asked during the PSU/Iowa game about the job and didn't shoot down the idea. He can clean house and get his own guys in and have PSU in national title game within 2 years. Exactly like he did at Florida.

Al Golden the only other option. It's still PSU and they can offer big bucks to get big name.

Golden is a former PSU assistant isn't he? If so that ain't happening.

Urban Meyer makes sense, Penn State is not losing Scholly's or getting hit with sanctions over this so easy for him to build

Umm no, as pointed out in another thread, leave Iowa when his son is a 5th year Sr. for another Big 10 school.

I would say Meyer is a good choice, but if you are Urban do you go to tOSU or Penn State right now? Seems like an easy choice to me now.

Golden is JoePa Jr. I think they may want to start fresh. With that said, I have no idea who else would want to walk into that mess right now.

Umm no, as pointed out in another thread, leave Iowa when his son is a 5th year Sr. for another Big 10 school.

I would say Meyer is a good choice, but if you are Urban do you go to tOSU or Penn State right now? Seems like an easy choice to me now.

Golden is JoePa Jr. I think they may want to start fresh. With that said, I have no idea who else would want to walk into that mess right now.

If they clean house boot the AD, Pres, coaching staff, the PSU situation is better.

No way, he had one good year with Rutgers and has done nothing since.

I think Urban Meyer is #1 on their list, and #2 would be Bob Stoops. I'm pretty sure Stoops is around $4M at OU but I think he would make the move for $5M a year to get back into the Big Ten.

I think Urban Meyer is #1 on their list, and #2 would be Bob Stoops. I'm pretty sure Stoops is around $4M at OU but I think he would make the move for $5M a year to get back into the Big Ten.

Why would Stoops leave Oklahoma for Penn State? Horizontal move at best, probably a small step down.

This is laughable. He will not leave with two daughters in HS and with the setup he has at OU. He has talent, the support of the entire state, and OU will match any offer PSU throws short of a completely asanine number. Most former Big 10 coaches and players are fine never going home. Stoops is one of those.

Meyer had some behavior issues with his players at Florida. That may be a mark against him. Plus, how long will he stay?

Stoops would be better bet, if they want to spend the $$

You would be a fool to turn down a great job opportunity based on one year of your son's college. KF is an East Coast guy and PSU is a much more desireable job than Iowa. I think if given the chance, KF would jump at that opportunity.

There isn't another "Joe Paterno" out there. This is going to be a very interesting process.
I don't think Golden is out of the question. If it can be shown that he's without any culpability in this controversy... he does have Penn St roots and might be a good choice to renew what was once thought of as Penn St.

It is going to be some young up and comer, because no one with a name is going to take this job. The shame from this whole deal is going to rock the university for years to come, I don't see Penn State being anywhere close to what they have been even over the last 10 years after this whole ordeal.

You would be a fool to turn down a great job opportunity based on one year of your son's college. KF is an East Coast guy and PSU is a much more desireable job than Iowa. I think if given the chance, KF would jump at that opportunity.

You must have never read when KF was quoted as saying that he has lived in Iowa for more years of his life than Pennsylvania and him and Mary consider themselves Iowans.

Take another job in the B1G? Not happening.

Take a job that is being rocked by a scandal? Not happening.

Leave the school your son is going to be a senior starter on? Not happening.

Pull your youngest son out of his high school right before his senior year? Not happening.

There is more that goes into these decisions than just football.

It is going to be some young up and comer, because no one with a name is going to take this job. The shame from this whole deal is going to rock the university for years to come, I don't see Penn State being anywhere close to what they have been even over the last 10 years after this whole ordeal.

You are overestimating the impact. The job will be a great opportunity and the pressure from following Paterno shadow is now relieved. They bring in a quality coach with a clean reputation and I think they are back on track in short order. This makes Ferentz even more of a priority than risking it on a limited experience coach.

Latest posts