Who is Marc Maggard

He reports on Kentucy BBall at Truebluekentucky.com and apparently run Roundball Recruiting which is a player scouting service.

He popped up on the Iowa rivals forums with information about Forbes and is now posting info on here as well

I had not heard of him before today, but after doing reading his posts and doing some research I am very impressed with his knowledge. He is a welcome addition to this board and a voice of reason with some sound logic.

I had not heard of him before today, but after doing reading his posts and doing some research I am very impressed with his knowledge. He is a welcome addition to this board and a voice of reason with some sound logic.

And in these frantic days for Hawkeye Nation, another voice of reason with sound logic, is a welcome addition.

Damn I need to take a chill pill. This coaching search is going to drive me nuts!!!

I stated scouting summer basketball in 1996. I work for about 100 different colleges and also run a UK website for UK fans. The two jobs are not really related, but obviously, my access to people in basketball circles gives me insight that UK fans at my website seem to enjoy. I'm a UK fan, but not at the expense of other great basketball programs.....

mm

I am wondering if Marc is the guy that Jon talked to in his Steve Forbes piece that talked about the recruit X that loved Steve Forbes.

I am wondering if Marc is the guy that Jon talked to in his Steve Forbes piece that talked about the recruit X that loved Steve Forbes.

No. I've never spoken to Jon... at least not yet.

But If Forbes is hired, I'll probably give you guys lots of recruiting info since I do that for a living and have lots of insight into his recruiting.

mm

No. I've never spoken to Jon... at least not yet.

But If Forbes is hired, I'll probably give you guys lots of recruiting info since I do that for a living and have lots of insight into his recruiting.

mm

Well then here's hoping we see more of you in the next couple weeks.

i so want to add "my name is" or "real slim shady" youtube vids just based on the title of the thread- but i will refrain(cuz its prolly not as funny as i think it is right now to me)
anyway i hope mm's guy is the answer if he is the hire

Marc, three questions, to best of your knowledge:

What is difference between coaches Jones and Forbes at UT, strengths and their role there. People see Jones with Associate HC title and have concerns why Steve may not.

If Steve were hired, how do you see him transitioning. He has average players on our roster, and few scholerships available. One this year, one next. Roster is young. So, I guess I am saying, in the near future coaching up our roster is the challenge, unless some changes are made, which may be needed.

Will his role change as head coach vs. main recruiter. How do you see him making that change. Jason Shay at UT, does he come with Steve? Who might be on his staff.

Thank You

Marc, three questions, to best of your knowledge:

What is difference between coaches Jones and Forbes at UT, strengths and their role there. People see Jones with Associate HC title and have concerns why Steve may not.

If Steve were hired, how do you see him transitioning. He has average players on our roster, and few scholerships available. One this year, one next. Roster is young. So, I guess I am saying, in the near future coaching up our roster is the challenge, unless some changes are made, which may be needed.

Will his role change as head coach vs. main recruiter. How do you see him making that change. Jason Shay at UT, does he come with Steve? Who might be on his staff.

Thank You

Tony Jones and Forbes do about the same thing for UT. Forbes is more involved in running the business of recruiting.... he makes the lists of top players and does the daily details of how they attack each recruiting target. Tony is less involved in that area. Both Jones and Forbes take certain kids to focus on while Pearl has a lesser hand in recruiting all of their players. Forbes is a detail guy, Tony is not.

Every new coach comes with roster changes. I can't speak for Steve as I have not discussed anything with him in weeks.... but I would imagine he'd have a talk with every current player and tell some of them that they have nearly no chance of playing.....those players tend to transfer after a new coach is honest with them. Steve would walk into Iowa with 3 or so players following him....... really good players.

Jason Shay is a tactician coach. He's known for his X&O ability. He's not a top recruiter, but he's a great judge of talent and knows what would fit UT's system. I don't know if he'd return to Iowa with Forbes or not.... Somehow I doubt Pearl would lose two assistants to one job.... that's probably poor form. Steve is very well connected and liked in the college coaching ranks. He'd have a very good staff.... just not sure if Shay would be on it.

mm

Marc,

The above post is full of valuable information. Thank you. I think the main question, that everyone is asking, and I would like your opinion. Can Steve Forbes get it done as the head coach at Iowa? That's the only thing that matters.

So, we need to create 2 spaces so we can get those 3 players onto the squad. Who do we ask to transfer? Brommer and Archie? Or does one of the new recruits not come in after all? Or do we expect someone to leave, like Cully?

So, we need to create 2 spaces so we can get those 3 players onto the squad. Who do we ask to transfer? Brommer and Archie? Or does one of the new recruits not come in after all? Or do we expect someone to leave, like Cully?

You might be getting a little ahead of yourself.... I don't even know if Forbes will get an interview.....

mm

Because I know all of the players. It's my job. I also know of a few players looking to transfer who all love Steve Forbes......

mm

I get it, talent wins games over "systems". But, unrestrained talent can also cause a lot of headaches, maybe headaches Hawkeye fans wouldn't mind dealing with for awhile. But in the end, if hired, can Forbes do the other things to be a successful coach in the Big Ten? I've read much about his recruiting abilities, but can he coach? Can he "fire up" the fan base? This program is reeling and needs to get it right this time.

Latest posts