Who is leaving who is coming back?

IowaHOCKS23

Take this with a grain of salt... But I've been told one lineman will come back for his senior season and one QB will be transferring.

think anyone else leaves after this year? What will our team look like next year?

Same source says O will put up 30+ per game next year. Source also was someone who called this season perfectly as far as record goes.

Im in fairly excited

QB- should be locked in with Ruddock.
RB- Weisman, Daniels Jr, Canzeri
WR- this group looks better every game
TE- Hamilton, and who has me most excited, duzey. I was told he was offered at a certain PAC 12 school known for speed.
line- solid returning line
DLine- all coming back
LBs- while this is the vocal concern, I've been told we will be just fine with some absolute beasts ready to step up
secondary- I really like king. Same way I liked Morris early in his career. Should be a shut down corner
safety- I'll say, I haven't been a big fan of miller but the last couple of games he's played exceptionally well making some huge hits, I know nothing of this position.
kicker- Meyers missed a lot of FGs this year, but he will be big shoes to fill and this is what I'm most excited to see replaced positionally

I've been anti Kirk for a long time, but players love the guy, and with expectations versus results this year, I think he should certainly be considered for big 10 COY, mentioned for national

I would bet Scherff takes the money and jumps and Sokol goes FCS to play his senior year because let's be honest, he has no chance. Beathard stays one more year and hopefully Kirk keeps an open mind. And I'm not endorsing a new QB but I just want the best man in.

I just don't think Sherff will go pro after this year. I think he has quite a bit to work on and if he comes back he could potentially be a top 10 pick rather than a late first round pick that he's being projected at now.

Sokol should be gone. I see no reason why he should stay and that's not a slam on him. He's got two guys ahead of him and another kid shedding his redshirt next year. I just hope he doesn't transfer north to UNI. Don't need to give UNI any more incentive to win on top of the whole offseason to prepare for us.

To be honest, if it's legit then it's legit. If I'm wrong just some nerds on a website think I'm a troll, if I reveal who said it it could lead back and that's really not what I'm about. Sorry man.

Take this with a grain of salt... But I've been told one lineman will come back for his senior season and one QB will be transferring.

think anyone else leaves after this year? What will our team look like next year?

Same source says O will put up 30+ per game next year. Source also was someone who called this season perfectly as far as record goes.

Im in fairly excited

TE- Hamilton, and who has me most excited, duzey. I was told he was offered at a certain PAC 12 school known for speed.
DLine- all coming back
LBs- while this is the vocal concern, I've been told we will be just fine with some absolute beasts ready to step up
secondary- I really like king. Same way I liked Morris early in his career. Should be a shut down corner
safety- I'll say, I haven't been a big fan of miller but the last couple of games he's played exceptionally well making some huge hits, I know nothing of this position.
kicker- Meyers missed a lot of FGs this year, but he will be big shoes to fill and this is what I'm most excited to see replaced positionally

I've been anti Kirk for a long time, but players love the guy, and with expectations versus results this year, I think he should certainly be considered for big 10 COY, mentioned for national

I'll be back

I'd wager that Scherff is gone. I also think Beatherd comes back and Iowa has an open QB competition this spring. While I have been very impressed with Rudock, maybe more so with the command he has of the offense, in addition to his poise and control, Beatherd is going to grow between the ears, too. This spring and summer he should be coming into his own a bit in that regard.

That said, given Kirk's history, I'd be floored that anybody but Jake is the starter come the opener, sans injury.

If Scherff stays, I think he could be a top 5 pick next year. It's all a matter of academics and how close he is with his teammates at this point.

I think in typical Iowa fashion there will be 1 maybe 2 linebackers that look pretty good early on, but it will be like Hitchens his first year where he struggled to take proper lines to the ball. I think there is talent in the safety position too, but we'll have to wait and see.

I don't see Beathard transferring.. The job isn't out of reach.

And Jake has shown he is a bit injury prone too. He's been knocked out of two games this year and pretty much was on a gimpy leg for last five to six weeks.

If Beathard grows by next summer I think he's our guy. Eddie P definitely thinks so

Im in fairly excited

DLine- all coming back

Who be you -- the reincarnation of 0044? Is this info coming from deep sources inside The Wig and Pen?

Sokol should be gone. I see no reason why he should stay and that's not a slam on him. He's got two guys ahead of him and another kid shedding his redshirt next year. I just hope he doesn't transfer north to UNI. Don't need to give UNI any more incentive to win on top of the whole offseason to prepare for us.

UNI having the entire off season to prepare will not matter. Iowa does what Iowa does. UNI is an average FCS team. If Iowa has this thing turned around, UNI should not be a problem.

You might be onto something with CJ. Could be why we was played more this year. I mean I know Ruddock was hurt, but like was stated above, he looked like he could go if needed. Also, maybe Kirk learned from his mistake last year....I sure hope he doesn't leave though. Id be happy with Ruddock OR CJ at the helm...

If anything, our backups should have realized by having Rudock go down twice, and then playing Nebraska who was on their 3rd string QB just how close they are to taking over at any given time. Transfering into a new system is not often a shortcut to playing time.

I'd wager that Scherff is gone. I also think Beatherd comes back and Iowa has an open QB competition this spring. While I have been very impressed with Rudock, maybe more so with the command he has of the offense, in addition to his poise and control, Beatherd is going to grow between the ears, too. This spring and summer he should be coming into his own a bit in that regard.

That said, given Kirk's history, I'd be floored that anybody but Jake is the starter come the opener, sans injury.

and that is why Beatherd may very well leave. Kirk doesn't do "change".

Latest posts