Who Hates Minnesota?

Sucky teams is an understatement. Seriously, the Twins were putrid, the Vikings aren't much better, the Wild are 3-3-3 (whatever that means) and second to last in their division, and the Gophers are beyond horrible. The only consolation these poor people have is that the NBA season might get cancelled so they don't have to watch the Timberwolves.

I must also note that all of the above things make me extremely happy.

Apparently you have overlooked the 2011 WNBA Champion Minnesota Lynx. Titletown, USA, baby!

Grew up in out-state MN, no one cares about Gopher FB. It is a pro-sports state. Vikngs #1, Twins/Wild #2a and #2b, and T-Wolves #4. The only passionate Gopher FB fans either went to the U or have parents that graduated from the U.

The fans I have encountered who have traveled down to Kinnick have always been a happy-go-lucky bunch. They cheer for their team, but they expect the worst (and it usually happens). Losing doesn't kill them. If they win they may do a little good-natured taunting, but mostly in a "I can't believe you are losing to a team as crappy as us!" manner. That has just been my experience.

Spent 18 years living just an hour east of Minneapolis, life-long Badger fan, and current Iowa student....

...and I still couldn't care less about the Gophers.

Latest posts