Who Has the Better Coach: Iowa or Iowa State?

Anyone feel pity for the clones

Other than this person

giphy-1460477861.gif

:cool:

Im still giving it to KF until Campbell gets a few more wins, bowls and pubes. Using the exact same talent and the fact that lesser ISU coaches have had success vs KF, it might matter.

I'd take either of these coaches over that visor-wearing moron at Georgia.

Talk about a choking tool.

choking-American-Heart-Assoc.jpg
That fake may have been one of the dumbest coaching decisions I have ever seen, on multiple levels. 4th and 11, midfield, with all momentum going to Bama, AND Bama sees it coming from lightyears away and keeps their D on the field in a Safe look.

The fact that he not only called that play but allowed them to still snap the ball and run it is absolutely moronic. I'd be fucking irate if I was a Georgia fan.

That fake may have been one of the dumbest coaching decisions I have ever seen, on multiple levels. 4th and 11, midfield, with all momentum going to Bama, AND Bama sees it coming from lightyears away and keeps their D on the field in a Safe look.

The fact that he not only called that play but allowed them to still snap the ball and run it is absolutely moronic. I'd be fucking irate if I was a Georgia fan.

To be fair, the moron started that drive with some kind of wildcat bullshit with his all-world QB watching from the sidelines.

I am the better coach. I like the young gentleman from Ames but I believe he has a lot to learn.

Look im an iowa fan, but iowa didnt throttle state this year. Hope your thinking of last year.

ISU was not in danger of winning that game in the second half. They scored three points.

Throttle: to choke or kill. Iowa choked ISU, don't you think? :)

Welp, Iowa, with its high dollar offensive coordinator, its returning starter QB, and its two first team all-Big 10 TEs mustered just 13 points against the Big 12's deplorable defenses this year.

Got any other theories?

The deplorable nature of the "defense" in the Big 12 is hard to overstate and renders comparing Iowa vs. Iowa State's offenses an exercise in futility.

Welp, Iowa, with its high dollar offensive coordinator, its returning starter QB, and its two first team all-Big 10 TEs mustered just 13 points against the Big 12's deplorable defenses this year.

Got any other theories?
"Defenses"

Just ISU, who to their credit, had far and away the best D in the Big 12 this year, 39th in the country. But nice try.

I'll take a stab at this because you served it up so nicely: are you ready? Iowa State ranked #1 in the Big 12 in rushing defense this year. Opponents averaged just 3.3 yards per carry against them. Mic drop. Does that answer your question? You should probably know something about a team before commenting on them.

The oldest DL recruit Campbell could have brought in this year is a redshirt sophomore. As college football fans know, OL and DL generally take the longest to develop and grow. My guess is Campbell's DL will continue to be near the top of the Big 12 in future years given his brand of football.

So since I answered your question, when are you going to answer mine? Iowa loves to brag about its tight ends while the position is an afterthought at most schools. My position is Iowa uses its tight ends simply because it doesnt have any WRs who can catch the ball. Why has it been a decade since the Hawks had a WR who would start at any other Big 10 school? Why do we continue to start small-town walk ons at the most explosive position in football?

The staff knows WR is our weak spot...wouldn't you think at least one of the highly paid assistants could go out and made WR a priority? Sure, it might cut down on the tight end numbers...but it might also give us at least 1 WR in the top 50 in the Big 10.

To use your logic in reverse...Why doesn't Campbell recruit decent lineman? Is it a lack of effort or does Campbell just prefer such crappy lines?