who gets most touches at RB saturday?

There have been huge changes within the program in the past year, and nearly every single one of them has been an increase in aggressiveness. I'm not worried about mr. conservative this Saturday.

You really think McCall would have gotten equal carries Herk come on. Not saying Garmon won't get some carries but I think Bullock will start and get the majority.

9 times in the first quarter, but there's no reason to let facts get in the way of rhetoric.

one time does not a pattern make.

The "facts" show that over time KFz has proven to be very reluctant to play younger "talent" over safer "experience"...even when we really need a bump. Maybe you just came on board last fall.

But he has loosened up a bit recently. And I'd love to see Garmon get game experience sooner rather than later.

one time does not a pattern make.

The "facts" show that over time KFz has proven to be very reluctant to play younger "talent" over safer "experience"...even when we really need a bump. Maybe you just came on board last fall.

But he has loosened up a bit recently. And I'd love to see Garmon get game experience sooner rather than later.

The statement made was that Iowa doesn't play freshman running backs. Iowa has had a freshman running back carry the ball nine or more times in the opener 5 of the past 10 seasons. In '02, a freshman got 4 carries despite being behind a healthy Jermelle Lewis and Fred Russell. In '06 and '07, years in which Iowa had a pair of capable upperclassmen in Young and Sims, and in '03, when Fred Russell had a stranglehold on the top RB spot, the top freshman got 2 carries in the opener each time. The only time a freshman running back hasn't seen any action in the opener in the past 10 years was 2010, when there were no freshman healthy for the opener and the top frosh got 10 carries in his first healthy game later in the year.

The moral of the story is this: freshman running backs get as many carries as they are good enough to get. That is the rule, not the exception.

Last edited:
have to expect bullock to get the first 2 or 3 series then garmon will enter. i expect that rotation for the game. i think rogers has been dinged and unless they really need him i dont think he will play, and i dont think he carries the ball anywhere close to what some are predicting. if malloy gets in we are way ahead or someone got hurt.

Your best skill player outside the QB is a TE. One running back started last year as a true freshman sub at slot receiver. The other RB made his name running reverses and catching passes in high school.

Why are you running the ball again?

Your best skill player outside the QB is a TE. One running back started last year as a true freshman sub at slot receiver. The other RB made his name running reverses and catching passes in high school.

Why are you running the ball again?

I don't think we'll see a lot of runs. I think we'll see a controlled short passing game to replace the run.

We'll find out on Saturday.

The statement made was that Iowa doesn't play freshman running backs..

No it wasn't. The quote was... "Mr Conservative is not about to run a freshman on opening day". as in...emphasize, depend on...perhaps I should have dropped in the inferred "with".... "run with" as in, "go with", "depend on" etc.

Either way... I watch the games. I know KFz has played freshmen on opening day. I also know he often goes into armadillo mode, and doesn't play them at times when it seems reasonable.

I'm hoping those days are behind us...and I'm guessing they will be on Saturday. I look forward to seeing Garmon. But i expect a large does of Bullock.

Latest posts