Who do you love seeing iowa beat?

1. Nebraska, they will be our biggest annual B1G rival.

2. Losing to Iowa State sucks only because their fans make such a big deal out of it, not only on the forums but anytime you run into them.

Can't that be said about Iowa fans as well when Iowa beats ISU? I mean, it is an inter-state rivalry. Shizz talking is going to naturally be higher because of the proximity of the two schools and because the fans of the different schools are all your neighbors and co-workers.

I will admit that I hate losing to Iowa the most (most years). Mainly because of the reasons stated above.

Penn St. When I was in school Kerry Collins would just demolish our cornerbacks with endzone fade routes. Like in 1993 31-0. Must be because they thought they were just going to dominate the conference. Don't get me wrong they have done very well. Just seems that when they started to get some losses their fans really hated being in the conference and wouldn't give anyone else credit.

Minnesota and Iowa state. they are never good so not only do I have to hear about the loss from family and friends who are fans of either, but those losses kill our ranking as compared to losing tosu.

and I hate seeing Iowa lose to anyone in a prime-time tv game, ala Arizona a few years ago. or from childhood watching the hawks get stomped in prime-time against the Miami hurricanes.

Can't that be said about Iowa fans as well when Iowa beats ISU? I mean, it is an inter-state rivalry. Shizz talking is going to naturally be higher because of the proximity of the two schools and because the fans of the different schools are all your neighbors and co-workers.

I will admit that I hate losing to Iowa the most (most years). Mainly because of the reasons stated above.

No, ISU fans make a much bigger deal about it than Iowa fans do. When Iowa beats Iowa State it is because they are supposed to beat them, when Iowa State wins it is an upset. I am only relieved when Iowa beats ISU, it is the same thing you guys experience when playing UNI.

Minnesota and Iowa state. they are never good so not only do I have to hear about the loss from family and friends who are fans of either, but those losses kill our ranking as compared to losing tosu.

and I hate seeing Iowa lose to anyone in a prime-time tv game, ala Arizona a few years ago. or from childhood watching the hawks get stomped in prime-time against the Miami hurricanes.

When has a loss to Iowa State done ranking harm to Iowa that in turn adversely affected a bowl bid or anything else? Losses to Iowa State early in the season disappear if Iowa has a solid conference run.

When has a loss to Iowa State done ranking harm to Iowa that in turn adversely affected a bowl bid or anything else? Losses to Iowa State early in the season disappear if Iowa has a solid conference run.

As recently as 2007, Iowa overlooked ISU that season as ISU was coming off back to back losses to Kent State and UNI. That loss (along with a loss to W Michigan) kept Iowa out of a bowl game.

In 2002 losing to ISU ruined any chance Iowa had at the National Championship.

Not even close. If Iowa wins it feels like a relief and they move on to the next one.

As recently as 2007, Iowa overlooked ISU that season as ISU was coming off back to back losses to Kent State and UNI. That loss (along with a loss to W Michigan) kept Iowa out of a bowl game.

Iowa had six losses so four other losses kept them out of a bowl too. The W. Mich game was the deal breaker not the ISU game.

In 2002 losing to ISU ruined any chance Iowa had at the National Championship.

Iowa wasn't going to jump tOSU that year even if they beat ISU. Any chance Iowa had was contingent upon a loss by tOSU so you can't blame (or give that much credit to) Iowa State.

Iowa wasn't going to jump tOSU that year even if they beat ISU. Any chance Iowa had was contingent upon a loss by tOSU so you can't blame (or give that much credit to) Iowa State.

The media loved Iowa in 02. OSU was escaping and Iowa was beating the **** out of people. Had Iowa been undefeated they would have been ranked ahead of Ohio St.

I said a "chance". We do not know for sure what would have happened in the polls or the in the BCS standing had Iowa won that game. Iowa was blowing everyone away while Ohio State was barely squeaking by. It sure would have been fun to have had those debates.

I love seeing us beat Wisconsin most of all. Tied for second would be beating Michigan and Northwestern.

I hate losing to Iowa State and Minnesota because we are more talented than them virtually every year. If we beat them I like it, but I expect it so I don't "love it", but when we lose to them (ISU) it leaves a sour taste in my mouth for days. Plus, their fans are then incredibly obnoxious for the next 12 months.

Latest posts