Who do we play in our annual "secret scrimmage" this year?

The Beavers?

images

Illinois State next weekend - Fire Fran he can't even schedule a good RPI team for the secret scrimmage.

Hold up. Iowa State is getting in 2 games against likely tournament or at least bubble teams before the season even begins?? Minnesota and in Cedar Rapids vs Wisconsin?!?

That does seem to be smarter if you're going to start the season fast. Better to get schooled when it doesn't matter and have time to work on things than when it goes on your tournament resume.

Hold up. Iowa State is getting in 2 games against likely tournament or at least bubble teams before the season even begins?? Minnesota and in Cedar Rapids vs Wisconsin?!?

That does seem to be smarter if you're going to start the season fast. Better to get schooled when it doesn't matter and have time to work on things than when it goes on your tournament resume.
For Iowa, what P5 team is close enough geographically that isn’t already on our schedule?

Secondly, they are scrimmages. Coaches work on putting in their sets, working situations, and rotating lineups. Would playing better competition be ideal? Sure, but it’s not all that big of a deal.

For Iowa, what P5 team is close enough geographically that isn’t already on our schedule?

Secondly, they are scrimmages. Coaches work on putting in their sets, working situations, and rotating lineups. Would playing better competition be ideal? Sure, but it’s not all that big of a deal.

yeah, I was just joking with my comment (even tho I know you weren't replying to me directly) but I doubt they have too much concern on quality of opponent. It's just good probably to see them against someone in a different jersey. In previous seasons Iowa has scrimmaged KSU, Creighton and UNO - I am sure it's about proximity and availability more then anything.

yeah, I was just joking with my comment (even tho I know you weren't replying to me directly) but I doubt they have too much concern on quality of opponent. It's just good probably to see them against someone in a different jersey. In previous seasons Iowa has scrimmaged KSU, Creighton and UNO - I am sure it's about proximity and availability more then anything.
I didn’t even see your comment but looking at it now I’m sure I would have caught the intended sarcasm.

Hopefully we hear the reports from the scrimmage. It will be interesting to see on all the newcomers and maybe what a starting lineup looked like.

Creighton, Missouri, Marquette, DePaul