Who are you most excited about?

HawkIreign

1.James Morris- Next Greenway in my opinion.
2.CJ Fiedorowicz- The kid just looks like a freak. I would hate to be a DB trying to tackle him.
3.Marcus Coker- I have a thing for bruisers
4.Carl Davis-Its been awhile since we've had an NFL size DT
5. Andrew Donnal-next great lineman

2.CJ Fiedorowicz- The kid just looks like a freak. I would hate to be a DB trying to tackle him.

With my very limited knowledge of the incoming class I would switch Morris and CJ. Otherwise I would agree. CJ absolutely looks like a man among boys, a big, strong target who is going to be tough to tackle.

I'm excited about the whole group.
My question is which one or two is going to disappoint me.
There's always a couple that do not reach their potential.

I already know who I think will be the disappointment but to avoid being lynched I'll keep his name to myself.

I'm very excited about De'Andre Johnson. I'm not sure he would have escaped the state of Florida if he hadn't gotten hurt this year. He's only 5'8", but he's around 210, has decent speed and was a state SHOT PUT champion last year. He sounds like a super athlete that could play either RB (think Fred Russell's mold) or SS (think Bob Sanders' mold).
Secondly, I think CJ Fiedorowicz has the tools to be a Mackey Award winner. If he can stay healthy, he should have a major impact from day 1.

1) C.J. Fiedorwicz

2) Carl Davis........nephew of Rich Walker, whose son Michael plays bb for SMU.

3) Derby

4) Morris

5) Donnal

Excellent recruiting class for the Iowa Hawkeyes

I think this is a great class coming in. I like them all but I think these 5 will have the most impact earlier in their careers
1) Donnal
2) Morris
3) Fiedorowicz
4) Davis
5) Derby

I think this is a great class coming in. I like them all but I think these 5 will have the most impact earlier in their careers
1) Donnal
2) Morris
3) Fiedorowicz
4) Davis
5) Derby

I'm guessing that you expect Derby to play a position other than QB if you're expecting him to have an early impact.

I most excited about CJ for 2 reasons. First, I believe he has a good chance to see the field next year. Second, Iowa's offense really emphasizes the TE.

1. Carl Davis - not gonna make a big impact early but will be huge in his junior and senior years
2. Morris - highlights looks sweet and a good tackler
3. Coker - looks like a powerful back and i wouldnt be surprised if he gets at least a little playing time by his sophmore year
4. CJ - built and plays very well but only worry is his blocking skills against some DE's
5. Donnal - I see him as a starter in 1 year

The reasons i list them in this order is just because I'm a defensive guy is why I have those two up top.

Im excited for CJ as well....however my question is this. He is already 240lbs. Whats going to happen when they put 20,30,40, or even 50 lbs of muscle on this kid? Too big to play TE? Im NOT a strength coach obviously. Does he have 20 lbs of baby fat that they will strip off and replace with muscle so he ends up around 250ish?

1. CJ-the kid is 6-7 240, and runs a 4.5, with great hands to boot. Ricky Stanzi, who likes his good tight ends, will LOVE this kid.
2. Morris-certainly has the makings of the next great linebacker, though I see him maybe more as an Edds rather than Greenway.
3. Donnal-outside chance of playing this fall, and he's going to be a great one.
4. Derby-THIS one I could see as the next Greenway. He's got the physical build and the speed for it.
5. Coker-has a chance to become the next Shonn Greene.

This class probably has me as excited as any other I've seen in recent years. I was stoked about the '05 class (I was also 15 at the time, so all I saw were the stars). But this one really has a lot of guys who should fit in perfectly.

Another guy who I think will be worth watching: former City High running back Ellis Jordan. He may just be 5-7, but he's a quick little sucker. Could be a Freddy Russell for us by the time he's done. May also switch to defense, but at his size I have trouble seeing it. But could definitely make an impact as a kick returner. And he's a walk-on. You gotta love the walk-ons, especially here.