Whitey Technical Fouls

The 1st one was smack talk. The 2nd one was probably just an extension of the 1st one...got on the ref's bad side. Because that hang on the rim was nothing compared to what Dekker did last weekend in Carver.

Exactly. I've seen worse go uncalled when it comes to doing a chin-up on the rim. I didn't have a real problem with it being called though, because White did hang a little longer than he had to, but the refs could've let it go..

I had a bigger problem with Dekker's dunk NOT being called against us. That was far worse.

I thought after 2 T's a player is ejected? Is there a different classification of T's that didn't come into play?

That's what I thought too, but they talked about it a bit and apparently there are different classes of technicals. The first one would have counted towards an ejection since it was trash talking, but not the second. That's the way I understood it.

I thought after 2 T's a player is ejected? Is there a different classification of T's that didn't come into play?

From previous link:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...aaron-white-iowa-basketball-class-b-technical

Since White had been T'd up earlier in the game for taunting, the common thought was that his evening was done. Not so, apparently, as White's rim-hanging was deemed a "class B technical foul," which resulted in him being able to stay in the game.
Since pretty much nobody had any idea that there were differing levels of technical fouls in college hoops, let's get the breakdown from the NCAA rulebook:
(Men) CLASS A and CLASS B technical fouls.
A CLASS A technical foul involves unsportsmanlike conduct or behavior by a player, substitute,coach or bench personnel. A CLASS B technical foul is an infraction ofthe rules that neither involves contact with an opponent nor causes contactwith an opponent and falls below the limit of an unsportsmanlike act.Examples of CLASS A and CLASS B technical fouls shall include:
1. Unsportsmanlike conduct; using profanity, vulgarity, taunting, baiting (CLASS A)
2. Hanging on the ring, except when doing so to prevent an injury (CLASS B)

From previous link:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...aaron-white-iowa-basketball-class-b-technical

Since White had been T'd up earlier in the game for taunting, the common thought was that his evening was done. Not so, apparently, as White's rim-hanging was deemed a "class B technical foul," which resulted in him being able to stay in the game.
Since pretty much nobody had any idea that there were differing levels of technical fouls in college hoops, let's get the breakdown from the NCAA rulebook:
(Men) CLASS A and CLASS B technical fouls.
A CLASS A technical foul involves unsportsmanlike conduct or behavior by a player, substitute,coach or bench personnel. A CLASS B technical foul is an infraction ofthe rules that neither involves contact with an opponent nor causes contactwith an opponent and falls below the limit of an unsportsmanlike act.Examples of CLASS A and CLASS B technical fouls shall include:
1. Unsportsmanlike conduct; using profanity, vulgarity, taunting, baiting (CLASS A)
2. Hanging on the ring, except when doing so to prevent an injury (CLASS B)

I did hear that the class B T is a team technical. How many team technicals can be got before action is taken, and what is the outcome?

Loved it when, after he got the 2nd T for hanging on the rim, that he withdrew his hands instantaneously after dunking it the next time he dunked.

Love that smart *** stuff from Whitey.

Loved it when, after he got the 2nd T for hanging on the rim, that he withdrew his hands instantaneously after dunking it the next time he dunked.

Love that smart *** stuff from Whitey.

I literally read all the replies with intentions of saying this exact thing lol. You bastard!

Bad comparison. A Wisconsin player could do 5 chinups after a dunk and not get a T.
They can flop and do pushups and not called for anything, something's wrong with Refs. However we hope to see them in BTT , just wait til we get there , we'll show them who's the boss!

I don't really see trash talking as team leadership or attitude... I like actions.

Now if someone tries to punk you and you stand up to them that's diff... but being the mouthy person to me isn't a sign of strength usually.

White said his second dunk wasn't a reaction to the first one but I don't believe him. That was the softest dunk I've seen from him in 4 years.

I agree the consistency with the rim hanging technical is a problem. I can't remember the last time I've seen it called, but I see that often. As recently as the bad-gers and they were not called for it.

Latest posts