Whitey Technical Fouls

HaydensDad

I was watching an online stream of the game and it cut out during both technicals. So, I only heard Dolph and Bobby talking about it.
What actually happened on the first one?
Did he really "do a pull up" on the rim just to showboat? Sometimes you see guys hang on the rim to let the floor clear out to avoid rolling ankle. It didn't sound like that's what happened this time....
Dolph said he thought it looked like Aaron was upset about something, perhaps some kind of bad blood with a Michigan player. Maybe it was just pent up aggression after the injury?

Any vines or youtubes? I couldn't find any.

nobody under him and he did a little pull up on the second T. I suppose it's the right call it just seems silly as it has no baring on the game and it wasn't egregious.

I thought the second was a ridiculous call. Would chalk it up to very poor officiating, having a hard on for Aaron after getting a T for running his mouth to Ricky Doyle. You see dunks like that every single night in the Big Ten where there is no one under the guy dunking the ball and maybe a little extra hang time, and this is the first time I've seen it T'ed up. On the other hand, I'm dying to know what was said to get the first T.

I'm very curious as to what happened as well. I was watching, but without volume.

On the first one, they didn't even call a foul on the original play, if I remember correctly, but then reviewed it and slapped him with a flagrant I guess?

On the second one, he did hang on the rim a little bit, but he didn't do "pull up" at all. I've seen worse not be called before. So I thought both of them were pretty ticky tack.

I'm very curious as to what happened as well. I was watching, but without volume.

On the first one, they didn't even call a foul on the original play, if I remember correctly, but then reviewed it and slapped him with a flagrant I guess?

On the second one, he did hang on the rim a little bit, but he didn't do "pull up" at all. I've seen worse not be called before. So I thought both of them were pretty ticky tack.
The first one was called instantly (as soon as Aaron made his statement). Didn't see it until after the commercial break, when they replayed it, you could see Aaron say something and the ref T'ed him up within a second or 2.

The first one was called instantly (as soon as Aaron made his statement). Didn't see it until after the commercial break, when they replayed it, you could see Aaron say something and the ref T'ed him up within a second or 2.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks.

But he wasn't called for a personal after the 1st play, right? So I wonder what the hell he was jabbing or complaining about...?

On the 1st, the block was clean. But AW said something to the guy he blocked, then turned and said something else. That was when he got T'd. He didn't look angry or anything, but Crisler was so quiet that it was too much for the official, who was standing right there to ignore. It was the right call.

The second T, AW was all alone for the dunk coming along the baseline. He did do a little pull up and kick his feet way out. After the game he said his momentum was carrying him under the basket and he didn't want to land on his back, that's why he pulled up.

I felt like the official was being a little ***** about it, but whatevs. That dunk happens all the time. It looked worse cause there was no one around and he kicked his feet out wide.

The 1st one was smack talk. The 2nd one was probably just an extension of the 1st one...got on the ref's bad side. Because that hang on the rim was nothing compared to what Dekker did last weekend in Carver.

I'm glad White got the technicals (particularly the first one). He is showing attitude; spunk; leadership; confidence.

That is exactly what this team needs from its senior leader.

I thought the second was a ridiculous call. Would chalk it up to very poor officiating, having a hard on for Aaron after getting a T for running his mouth to Ricky Doyle. You see dunks like that every single night in the Big Ten where there is no one under the guy dunking the ball and maybe a little extra hang time, and this is the first time I've seen it T'ed up. On the other hand, I'm dying to know what was said to get the first T.

I agree. I've seen worse by a long shot. I've watched other games & players hang on the rim twice as long & they don't even get a warning. I don't like it & think they should actually get more warnings but White's last night was no where near what I've seen from other guys. It's just the inconsistency. That ref wanted to make a point.

I would imagine the first T was the result of Whitey making a comment about Doyles down syndrome. Just a guess of course, but some people get pretty bent out of shape when you use the R word.

Last edited:
White didn't hang on the rim nearly as long as Dekker did against Iowa. I don't believe either one held on to the rim to avoid coming down on anyone.

White deserved it but Dekker should have been given one as well.

The 1st one was smack talk. The 2nd one was probably just an extension of the 1st one...got on the ref's bad side. Because that hang on the rim was nothing compared to what Dekker did last weekend in Carver.

Bad comparison. A Wisconsin player could do 5 chinups after a dunk and not get a T.

Latest posts