White to Wizards- 2nd Round Pick 19

Uthoff will make 3 in a row... I don't know much about Washington and how he'll fit there. Paul Pierce might not be back it sounds like. That's about all I know. The two major things that will keep him in the league will be how well he defends and if he can hit open shots. He'll make the hustle plays we know that. But defending NBA 3s and 4s will be a chore for him. Wish him luck

I didn't watch any regular season Wizard games and watched maybe 3 or 4 playoff games so I needed to take a peak at the wizards roster. Rumor has it that Pierce might take off to LA to play for Doc. Which might be the key to whether AW makes the roster or not. Right now the small forwards are: Porter, Oubre, Pierce and White.

Was listening to Ryen Rusillo and PJ Carlismo when AW got drafted both seem to think he has a decent chance to make the roster. Btw, Nene has to be 100 years old that dude seems like he has been around forever. I swear it seems like he has been playing since the early 90's.

Only took four posts to turn a thread that has nothing to do with ISU to reference ISU.....yet ISU is "little brother"

ISU is "little Brother" for sure. Why else rip on players like Marble and White for 4 years from when they signed saying how terrible they are, how they wouldn't even play for ISU......then get all butthurt when they are getting drafted by the NBA when players like Kane, Ejim, White, and Niang will all be wishing they were Marble or White.

It is really funny stuff, and sh!t that has just been waiting to come flying back at your incredibly arrogant fan base. For a team who had a couple years of success, you act an awful lot like arrogant Kansas fan.....without all the accomplishments that is.

They're laughing on Cyfan about CBS rating Aaron White as a D+ selection. What were Ejim and Kane's draft rankings last year on CBS again??? Hilarious

Only took four posts to turn a thread that has nothing to do with ISU to reference ISU.....yet ISU is "little brother"

Its just hilarious picking on you ******* idiots because somehow you think Iowa State is now a college hoops blue blood after 4 years of rent a player.

If he doesn't make the NBA he will probably make a lot more money overseas by being a second round draft choice. It will be interesting to see how it works out.
I think Aaron White is one of those glue guys who gets a chance and the team finds out he does so many little things well that they have to find a way to keep him. Aaron White always seems to be in the right place at the right time and that's exactly what the Wizards need coming off the bench.

It only took Aaron White getting drafted, something that has nothing to do with the loser fanbase cyfan to start crying. Little brother is as always ISU and you. This thread has nothing to do with you yet you're here posting. Thanks for proving you're little brother. How many excuses have piled up at cyfan for yet another NBA draft which didn't even glimpse in the clowns direction. Fred's rolodex put a ton of players in the league just like cyfans predicted.

I think Aaron White is one of those glue guys who gets a chance and the team finds out he does so many little things well that they have to find a way to keep him. Aaron White always seems to be in the right place at the right time and that's exactly what the Wizards need coming off the bench.

This is how he ended up making the national team. Coach probably didn't anticipate Aaron making the final cut but he just kept out working everyone. He'll take this same mindset into the pros.

Uthoff will make 3 in a row... I don't know much about Washington and how he'll fit there. Paul Pierce might not be back it sounds like. That's about all I know. The two major things that will keep him in the league will be how well he defends and if he can hit open shots. He'll make the hustle plays we know that. But defending NBA 3s and 4s will be a chore for him. Wish him luck
Washington has a lot of shooters so I don't think they're going to ask AW to do that. Defense, rebounding and hustle plays will keep him in the league. Most of his points will come in transition and put backs much like at Iowa.

And yet.....here you are. Like he said on cue. He brought up the clown trolls because it was predictable and actually did happen. The amount of butthurt on twitter last night was almost as face palm worthy as Pollard crying "it's not fair" publicly. I could faintly hear the wind sucking North as the entire village of Ames gasped simultaneously while reaching for their phones to down play Aaron's accomplishment.

Congratulations to Aaron.

It'll be interesting to see if he plans on moving to Europe like rumored. Looking at the the wizards' roster he would be their fifth big man. Humphries and Blair are his main competition and both are pretty established role players. Nene is injury prone though so there will be minutes to be had at some point during the season. I think that Aaron's ability to run the floor is something that none of their big men have right now and could work well with John Wall.

Don't know how I feel about him being coached by Wittman though.

Washington has a lot of shooters so I don't think they're going to ask AW to do that. Defense, rebounding and hustle plays will keep him in the league. Most of his points will come in transition and put backs much like at Iowa.
I agree but in the half court if his man comes off him to double someone else that's driving or whatever he'll be asked to knock down the open shot like every other stretch 4 or 3 player. If he can knock those down early and consistently it'll only help him get more mins. The more you can do the more mins there are to be had. It's what makes Kevin Love more valuable then Tristan Thompson... Yet Thompson is plenty valuable.

Congratulations to Aaron.

It'll be interesting to see if he plans on moving to Europe like rumored. Looking at the the wizards' roster he would be their fifth big man. Humphries and Blair are his main competition and both are pretty established role players. Nene is injury prone though so there will be minutes to be had at some point during the season. I think that Aaron's ability to run the floor is something that none of their big men have right now and could work well with John Wall.

Don't know how I feel about him being coached by Wittman though.
I'd be surprised if he goes to Europe. The d-league is so much more common for American players. If Washington thinks Aaron White can develop a consistent three point shot then the Euro league would make sense.

I agree but in the half court if his man comes off him to double someone else that's driving or whatever he'll be asked to knock down the open shot like every other stretch 4 or 3 player. If he can knock those down early and consistently it'll only help him get more mins. The more you can do the more mins there are to be had. It's what makes Kevin Love more valuable then Tristan Thompson... Yet Thompson is plenty valuable.
You make a good point, he has to make the defender respect the shot enough to at least guard him.

It should be noted for all future recruits that all of the Hawkeye coaches were in a restaurant in Ohio with White and his family watching the draft. How many other coaching staffs do you think were doing that. Good luck AW.

Congratulations Mr. White! That's a heck of an accomplishment and one of his main goals when he came to Iowa. Im glad he was able to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Latest posts