Which One???

WDMHAWKEYE

Eric Katenda

Gabe Olaseni

Which one would be a better fit for the team next year and in the future? Which one do we have a better chance at getting?

Thanks

Katenda's a better player by most accounts, so I'd say we have a better shot at Olaseni. Other than Clemson, I think most teams interested in Olaseni are mid-majors.

Katenda has offers from a couple ACC schools (Georgia Tech and Wake Forest) and some interest from Notre Dame.

Position-wise I think Olaseni would fill a more immediate need since he is more of a center while Katenda is in the Basabe-mold as a PF type. Would love to get both, though.

Easy question, without a doubt Katenda...why he was at Top 150 player prior to not playing this Summer. Also, Katrnda is in the same mold as Basabe and can provide match-up issues if he had to play C at times. Iowa probably has a better shot at Olesani, but Fran has known about Katenda for a few years as he offered Eric while still at Siena. Katenda has a better all around game and will run the floor, Iowa can go after the true C in 2012, already having Woodbury/Thok/Meyer/Ibeh having major interest in the Hawks right now. If Payne is going to be able to come back 100 percent the Iowa can just get both and settle all arguments, but I feel a PG will be signed. Now if Archie walks as some have predicted then it gets really interesting and it would be best to go strong after both as hard as possible.

Latest posts