Which loss would you most like as a "do-over"?

Which 2013 loss would you most like to replay?

• 8/31 Northern Illinois 30-27

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • 10/5 Michigan State 26-14

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • 10/19 @ Ohio State 34-24

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 11/2 Wisconsin 28-9

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beat NIU and then NIU is not even ranked, so we wouldn't get much credit for a win there, but if did a redo, we probably would win. Canzeri didn't get a carry against MSU or OSU. A redo of those games is still no sure thing.

I chose OSU.

Iowa's record against OSU is bad.
It was a winnable game. At OSU.
It would have knocked OSU out of NC game.
It would have been nice to give OSU their first conference "L" in a couple years.

But any one of the four would be a good choice for a mulligan.

NIU was the one that got away. That said I would like MSU as if we were to win that one we would be going to Indy (man that feels weird to say, one game away from the B1G championship)

Beat NIU and then NIU is not even ranked, so we wouldn't get much credit for a win there, but if did a redo, we probably would win. Canzeri didn't get a carry against MSU or OSU. A redo of those games is still no sure thing.

I think NIU would still be ranked, albeit in the low 20's.

NIU all the way. The other 3 losses were against GREAT teams. Very tough to beat unless you play perfect. I think we are at least 'equal' to NIU, and, especially at home, would hope to beat them 6 or 7 out of ten. Secondly, that was Rudock's first start. He and the Hawks are better now than then.

MSU because of what it would have meant for our division. Wisconsin was by far the most disappointing, three field goals at home really had me questioning the remainder of the year. Didn't give up and drove to Iowa City to see them beat Michigan and realized we had a pretty good football team this year.

NIU because a win would knock them out of BCS bowl contention therefore making it more likely that the B1G gets two teams in the BCS which in turn improves Iowa's bowl.

I picked NIU for much the same reasons others did. I think NIU is a very good team, but beatable if we played today. The other teams are still quite a bit better than us - we'd need lucky breaks to beat them.

I agree! I can live with the 3 conf losses because those teams are better that Iowa. N. Ill. is not.

I picked MSU....any of them would be acceptable. I think Iowa is a much better team now than they were in Oct. and especally better than Sept. I think we would beat NIU 7-8 of 10 times if we played again now. I still think OSU is not that good and we could of beaten them then and "could" possibly get it done now. Wisky, hmmm, didn't expect them to lose today, but not sure we beat them more than 5 of 10 times. MSU is in the B1G, in our division, was at home, and I think we are a better team then they are in general, and moreso right now going into DEC....

...in the end, our "sweet " redemption will be playing a high profile SEC team in our bowl game, and whipping their butts in that one...and THAT could still happen and is reality!

No doubt NIU - man we should have won that one. I think OSU, MSU or Wisky would ugly stick us to death just like the first go round.

Latest posts