Which hurts worse?

Ask me this question, after the NCAA Tournament, and you'll have your answer.
Every year, there are handful of teams that make the Sweet 16, that were on very few people's RADAR's.

Outside of 2 seasons ago, there isn't a basketball collapse that comes to mind.
For football, I can think of 1988, 1997, 2006 and 2010, off the top of my head.

How could you forget 2014

Side Note - On Kenpom we are the highest ranked team with at least 9 losses.

That's like saying the 49ers are the best last place team. If this is the sort of analysis we are now resorting to there is no hope.

And the sweeps of MSU and PU are obviously going to pay dividends all the way to Selection Sunday.

We are not a relevant team anymore. Those games are going to be viewed as flukey losses to a crappy team by MSU and Purdue, not big victories by the Hawks.

Last edited:
That's like saying the 49ers are the best last place team. If this is the sort of analysis we are now resorting to there is no hope.

We are not a relevant team anymore. Those games are going to be viewed as flukey losses to a crappy team by MSU and Purdue, not big victories by the Hawks.

You are completely wrong...no need to say more because you obviously don't understand how these rating systems/metrics work.

You are completely wrong...no need to say more because you obviously don't understand how these rating systems/metrics work.

Would you educate me, then?

The last time I checked, selections were subjectively voted on by a committee of humans.

http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-principles-and-procedures-selection

Not selected by a computer, formula, or ratings index, and not selected by any set criteria. If it were, then there would be no discussion needed here at all. In fact, there's a disclaimer in the selection process document about not relying on the RPI. If you think the committee members aren't biased by their guts then you're correct...there is no need to say more because I can't help you. Take off your Hawkeye goggles. Those wins mean a lot less than you think to people who couldn't care less where the Hawks are seeded, i.e., the selection committee.

Last edited:

Latest posts