Which fan is worse?

Which fan is worse?

• Internet tough guy who thinks (s)he knows it all?

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Coach-in-waiting sitting near you @ the game?

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • STFU and ignore it

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IowaFan81

The internet tough guy who thinks (s)he knows it all?

or

The coach-in-waiting sitting near you @ the game?

Do people really get soooo bound up worrying about how others are watching, participating, enjoying, perceiving, cheering, critiqing, complaining - whatever - that they feel compelled to comment on it? JEEBUS CROSS, what a bunch of emotionally fragile Gladys Kravitz's that allow others to influence their own "fandom" and / or game experience.

In other words, "Who Cares!". Unless they are using really offensive language and you have kids and / or are getting up in your space, "STFU and ignore it!" Put a little more effort into yourself and leave people be!

I say this to the chick in my section this past Saturday. She's 1 row back and 10 seats down from me and I was laughingly, and yes, loudly, saying in astonishment,
"Are you kidding me!
That "Kurt" called a timeout on 4th & 1 "think over" whether Hawks should go for it (which would have put the game completely out of reach for UNI to come back as a TD would have been put them up 34-16 and eliminated a 2005 Northwestern-esque come back.) and
"C'mon! You called a time out for that?!"
All "Kurt" could muster out of that time out was to line straight up and run the same simple dive play that was run on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down.
(IMO, they should have immediately lined up, no huddle and punched the ball in the frickin' endzone on 4th down. Not only was the time out worthless in it's creativity, it allowed UNI to get set up!)
No swearing. No carrying on to others (except my wife next to me).

Well, chick yells to me, "Are you really a fan? You've been complaining all game!" I said, "Yes, of good football!"
(Which that series of events in that situation was not!)

Maybe that makes me the "Coach in waiting sitting near you at the game." If so, vote away, chick!;):)

Say it with me now kids!

oie_28.gif

Do people really get soooo bound up worrying about how others are watching, participating, enjoying, perceiving, cheering, critiqing, complaining - whatever - that they feel compelled to comment on it? JEEBUS CROSS, what a bunch of emotionally fragile Gladys Kravitz's that allow others to influence their own "fandom" and / or game experience.

In other words, "Who Cares!". Unless they are using really offensive language and you have kids and / or are getting up in your space, "STFU and ignore it!" Put a little more effort into yourself and leave people be!

I say this to the chick in my section this past Saturday. She's 1 row back and 10 seats down from me and I was laughingly, and yes, loudly, saying in astonishment,
"Are you kidding me!
That "Kurt" called a timeout on 4th & 1 "think over" whether Hawks should go for it (which would have put the game completely out of reach for UNI to come back as a TD would have been put them up 34-16 and eliminated a 2005 Northwestern-esque come back.) and
"C'mon! You called a time out for that?!"
All "Kurt" could muster out of that time out was to line straight up and run the same simple dive play that was run on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down.
(IMO, they should have immediately lined up, no huddle and punched the ball in the frickin' endzone on 4th down. Not only was the time out worthless in it's creativity, it allowed UNI to get set up!)
No swearing. No carrying on to others (except my wife next to me).

Well, chick yells to me, "Are you really a fan? You've been complaining all game!" I said, "Yes, of good football!"
(Which that series of events in that situation was not!)

Maybe that makes me the "Coach in waiting sitting near you at the game." If so, vote away, chick!;):)

I should have clarified more as I did in the other thread. Yes, I'm talking about the drunk and obnoxious fan who is using profanity and getting the faces of other people because (s)he thinks they know it all. These types of fans are everywhere and just ruin the gameday experience for everyone including who they are with. A lot of times you get their friends apologizing for them, this is when you know you're being an shidiot (pos and idiot rolled into one). I don't care if you yell and scream at those on the field, its your every right, but don't be directing towards other fans and their families who watching the game peacefully. Every team has them. I just ask to have a good time, but respect your surroundings. It's not hard to have fun without ruining it for everyone.

Coach in waiting, not even close. You can't mute or block an idiot out at games. But it is easy to ignore the Internet tough guy when you want to.

Coach in waiting, not even close. You can't mute or block an idiot out at games. But it is easy to ignore the Internet tough guy when you want to.

This.

It's my own fault that I choose to come here and put up with you idiots...having to deal with a moron at the game is just plain random bad luck, with no way to filter it out.

Latest posts