Which Conference is More Stable?

jameskalina

I suppose this is a silly question to most of you. But still I would like to hear your opinion and your thoughts on this question.

Which conference is more stable, the Big Ten or the Big 12 and why?

Also, how long do you think each conference will exist?

Big Ten no doubt.

Big Ten is standing in cement; Big 12 is standing on a mudslide in a rainstorm.

With the way the conferences are ran, it would be hard to say the Big 12. In the Big 12, Deloss Dodds (or whomever has that job) runs the show. In the Big 10, Delany runs the show.

Stable in which way?

Will the B12 lose a member before the B10 gains one? I think the Big Ten adds a team or two by next July, so I say the B12 is more stable.

So there.

B10 will last for at least the next 25 years.

Btw with global warming, Iowa will be the new sun belt. So expect a mass migration out of Florida and Texas. ;)

I give the B12 no more than 5 years.

Its an obvious answer the Big 10 is more stable.

But maybe it is the inequality in powers in the Big 12 that have stabilized it. The 5 in the north have no where to go and Texas, OU & TAM( to some extent) get to capitalize on those lack of choices and the power paradigm they are able to build from it.

Other questions of this difficulty:

Which is larger, the earth or the moon?

Which is hotter, a Bic lighter or a nuclear detonation?

Which has more water, Lake of the Ozarks or the Pacific Ocean?

And so forth.

By the title of the thread I thought you were going to ask if the Big Twelve or the Big East was more stable. The answer to your question is easy, Big Ten!

Other questions of this difficulty:

Which is larger, the earth or the moon?

Which is hotter, a Bic lighter or a nuclear detonation?

Which has more water, Lake of the Ozarks or the Pacific Ocean?

And so forth.

who was more evil, Gandhi or Hitler?

which is a better car, a Lamborghini or a Yugo?

better coach, Bear Bryant or Jim Walden?

I suppose this is a silly question to most of you. But still I would like to hear your opinion and your thoughts on this question.

Which conference is more stable, the Big Ten or the Big 12 and why?

Also, how long do you think each conference will exist?

Are you serious?

Once conference has existed only 14 years, just had two teams bolt and is in the midst of upheaval. (a repeat of what happened to it's co-founders from the Old SWC just 15 years ago)

The other is over 100 years old and has only made 3 well-thought out and planned changes (additions)...in the last 60 years and has prestige and financial means that reach far beyond the athletic fields.

Latest posts