Wheres does MM stack up?

ih8olives

If Marion does indeed come back at 149 where does he stack up? Just a few things that stick out:

~149 is loaded with Dake and Caldwell so I would put marion in the third spot for now

~Has he added the muscle to move up to 149?

~Marion has been suposedly training with Metcalf, that coupled with the immense strides hes made over the past year and half could put him in their with anyone

~141 has a few names Marion has struffled with including Thorn.

I would put him as a definate all american at 49 or 41 but I think 41 is his best bet for a national title. If he is at 149, unless caldwell and dake both lose (and draw the 2 and 3 seed) and marion goes undefeated (and gets the top seed), Marion would probably have to go through both caldwell and dake to win it all.

This of course is based only on what he did last year and the fact he hasnt been training with the team for a few months (athough i am sure hes been working out just the same)

I would think that if he can wrestle a healthy 141 he will, no matter who else wrestles either.

Interesting he joins a team with mental issues, he had some times in there last year when he wasn't a good 'between the ears' wrestler either. The PSU match comes to mind. He peaked at the right time though, it's always great when NCAA's are your best meet of the year. Hopefully he rubs off on his teammates.

he was weighing 150 so 141 is in reach and he'll be better there for AA

149 and 141 is stacked but i think 41 is the way to go

I think the coaches will use him where he can help the team the most. I think right now that may be at 49 since I think Mark Ballweg at 41 is better for the team than Matt at 49 with Montell at 41

According to the intermat rankings you have russell no1,thorn no2, kennedy no3, and alton no7 at 141. At 149 you have caldwell no1, dake no2, chamberlain no3, and levalley no4. Team wise i'd say he could probably help the team better at 149#. Ballweg will get better at 141#. Maybe they just have to flip a coin.

I wouldn't expect to see him in the finals, but will definitely make the podium. When he gets back that will help the middle of this lineup greatly.

I would think that if he can wrestle a healthy 141 he will, no matter who else wrestles either.

Interesting he joins a team with mental issues, he had some times in there last year when he wasn't a good 'between the ears' wrestler either. The PSU match comes to mind. He peaked at the right time though, it's always great when NCAA's are your best meet of the year. Hopefully he rubs off on his teammates.
I agree with CR. MM will wrestle where it is best for him. Tom would not take a returning finalist and change his best weight for the team. Now I do believe Tom would take an average wrestler(non place winner) and push him to a weight that would help the team.

MM wont be back for the SIUE dual but assuming he is back in the lineup after that this is what remains for the rest of the dual season:

OK ST
141 #18 Silver
149 #5 Parks

OHIO ST
141 Languis
149 Nemec

NW
141 Freidly
149 #12 Nadhir

PSU
141 #7 Alton
149 #7 Molinaro