Where will Scherff get drafted?

docholihawk

With the NFL draft just two days away I'm wondering where Brandon Scherff will get drafted.I'm thinking he could go anywhere from 6th to 12th. My prediction is he goes 9th to the NYG. I hope he goes in the top 10 but I'm not a Giants fan and it would suck to have to suffer watching that team in order to see Scherff. On the plus side the Giants play a lot of nationally televised games. I also see Carl Davis going to the Bears with the 7th pick in round 2. Matt Donnal going in round 5 possibly to the Steelers. My last Hawkeye to be drafted going in round 6 to Cincinnati or dallas.

Anybody else have predictions?

Doc, great question...I've seen anywhere from 7th to 15th....Undoubtedly, he will go to a team that I don't like......Could be the Giants, could be the Rams...

I would not be surprised to see the Bears draft Brandon.

For some odd reason, the Bears might end up w/Cooper from 'Bama, or the White kid from West Virginia.....I would love Scherff to be a Bear, and it could happen, I guess we'll see in a few days...

I think it is becoming really clear that the NFL experts believe Scherff will slide inside and not play tackle (I suppose some still feel he can play RT). But with LT being out of the questions for Scherff, will any team want to pay top 10 or 15 money for a guard? I am not sure what the draft pick cutoff is in the first round where the contract dollars become less, but if Scherff is an interior OL, then I think he falls into the 20's.

I could see Browns (19), Steel Curtain (22 and this would be a great pick for them) and Detroit (23) all making sense for Scherff.

Some are making the Zack Martin comparison. Played tackle in college moved to guard in the pros. Like Martin you could plug him in at the guard spot from day one and let him get after it .

A couple of the of the experts,I think it was Bill Pollian and Todd McShay were saying they thought Scherff was the only offensive lineman who was ready to start in the NFL from day one.

A couple of the of the experts,I think it was Bill Pollian and Todd McShay were saying they thought Scherff was the only offensive lineman who was ready to start in the NFL from day one.

Then that very well could cause Scherff to go much earlier than I thought. I'd still for him to wind up with my Steelers, though. Man, I can't remember one Hawkeye being drafted by the Steelers. We have the same uniforms!!!!

Scherff is the best of a mediocre class of offensive linemen. Similar to drafts where QB's go way too high because of the lack of quality I think Scherff goes in the top 10 for sure.

Being a Vikings fan I'd still like Scherff to stay in the Midwest with the Bears. Chicago needs to completely rebuild that team and what better way than with a quality OL?

Quote from Brandon Scherff: "I feel like I've had a chance to learn from the best of the best here at Iowa and from coach Ferentz to coach Brian [Ferentz] and there isn't anybody better than coach Doyle. I've been lucky to be around them and learn from them."

Interesting comments and a lot different than usual comments on Hawkeye Nation.

Yea it's a weak class of O lineman so that should only prop up his value and with the two pot headed DEs doing what they did that should drop them below him now. I dunno I hope he don't go to the Redskins or a crappy fit. I think he'd like to stay in the midwest. Bears Viks or St louis seem to be possible fits that'd keep him closer to home anyway. I've heard the Giants at 9 as a strong possibility. I think he'd like their style of play but not sure he's a NYC kinda guy if he had his choice.