Where was Trey Dickerson?

6700+ posts on HN. He's absolutely a troll, and kinda douchey at times, but a master at being just subtle enough to fly under the radar.

So I give him credit for longevity, but to spend that amount of time on a teams board you're not a fan of.....whatever entertains you I guess...
It's Ghost from the old board and Trolls Anonymous. Pay him no mind.

Some of the comments in these posts are exactly why it makes it hard for some recruits to come here/other schools. ABsolute disrespect.

This is really the thing that drives me crazy about this forum. I think it's fine to criticize or questions a player or coach, but calling them Kurt/Ogelsclank/The Crippler is just disrespectful and immediately loses any credibility. At least to me it does. These people have chosen to be a part of the Hawkeye family and should be respected, at least, for the time that they put into the program.

At this point, I am thinking that Fran has let TD know that he isn't going to be playing for Iowa. I expect that he will not be with the team next season. Best for both really. He can contribute for a mid major, but his game just won't cut it at a power 5 school.

Jon used to have a rule that it is OK to criticize the coaches, but criticizing the players is not allowed.

The criticism of players on this board is OUT OF CONTROL. It's just not right. These are young men, many of them still in their teen years, doing their best to juggle the academics and the athletics. We should lay off the players.

At this point, I am thinking that Fran has let TD know that he isn't going to be playing for Iowa. I expect that he will not be with the team next season. Best for both really. He can contribute for a mid major, but his game just won't cut it at a power 5 school.

I wonder if he told Jok that after last season.... as they've seen similar minutes their first season as Hawkeyes.

The above scenario or line of thought is just flat out stupid. I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, but come on. People who didn't expect Trey to ride the pine this season while learning the ropes and Fran's system really have to check themselves when it comes to expectations of a 19 year old kid.

Peeps need to chill on Trey, he doesn't get minutes because he's not ready and because there are 2 upper class men ahead of him for PT. Very few players, in any program in the country, come in and just start logging huge minutes on a team dominated by upperclassmen. Trey will get his time, I really hope he doesn't leave, the potential is there and Iowa is going to need him the next 2 seasons.

Just so everyone knows, there is currently 1 open scholarship for the 2015 class. If it goes unused, that would make 4 open scholarships for the 2016 class. If it is used there will be 3 scholarships available. (Gesell, Woodbury, Clemmons, Uthoff out; Pemsl in)

As for Dickerson, I hope he stays. He has the tools to be a pretty good player by the time it's all said and done.

What would you rather have? An open scholly to bank for 2016, a late 2015 HS prospect with high upside, a 5th year transfer, a P5 underclassmen transfer.....or Trey Dickerson?

Guess we know what Fran would rather have. Kind of lame to pull a kid's scholly with this little season remaining but this is the state of affairs in CBB. Guaranteed he lands on his feet in a better situation.

Guess we know what Fran would rather have. Kind of lame to pull a kid's scholly with this little season remaining but this is the state of affairs in CBB. Guaranteed he lands on his feet in a better situation.

Who said anyone's scholly got pulled? Sounds like Trey asked for, and was granted, his release, because he decided to transfer.

Now, if he was nudged out the door or not, that's a different conversation.

I wonder if he told Jok that after last season.... as they've seen similar minutes their first season as Hawkeyes.

The above scenario or line of thought is just flat out stupid. I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, but come on. People who didn't expect Trey to ride the pine this season while learning the ropes and Fran's system really have to check themselves when it comes to expectations of a 19 year old kid.

Peeps need to chill on Trey, he doesn't get minutes because he's not ready and because there are 2 upper class men ahead of him for PT. Very few players, in any program in the country, come in and just start logging huge minutes on a team dominated by upperclassmen. Trey will get his time, I really hope he doesn't leave, the potential is there and Iowa is going to need him the next 2 seasons.

welp - i deserve any criticism I get for this post earlier today..I really thought Trey was going to have a future here, he just needed to be patient and do his thing. Looks like he's done a lot of bouncing around throughout his short career.

I wish him the best, but quitting the team in season? Weak.

Players gonna play Trollers gonna troll.

Latest posts