Where to Find Throwback Jerseys?

rdbrett

Can a person buy Iowa football throwback jerseys anywhere? I am looking to buy 2-3 jerseys of Tim Dwight's old #6 from when he played. Been looking for some time. I have had no luck scouring the internet. I have one.... and am looking for a replica like mine, it was made by reebok. Anybody know of anywhere you can get them??? Thanks for any help!
Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Damn, not anyone sells those older jerseys? I know you guys would know....seems there would be a little money in that. Crap. :mad::mad:

You could probably just have one made. I don't think it's anything more that just a black jersey with gold (not yellow) numbers in a typical Varsity (or similar) font.
You could even put a little Tigerhawk or "IOWA" patch-type deal on the front like the current jerseys have (if that'd even be on there).
I guess there might be sleeve stripes too, so that might make it tougher to truly replicate, but still...

I have always assumed it was because you have to pay the individual player for the rights to make the jersey. Unlike in the pros former players arent part of some package deal where you just pay the NCAA or the school. So while a Dwight jersey would rock, no way it would make sense from a financial standpoint to make them.

We have the black with gold lettered # 6 and 24 throwback jerseys. We did a large number of them for a promotion with Bremers back in the day. Stop by and check them out.

Gamedayron, where are you located? I am in SW MO, but will be up for a couple games this season. Would be interested in buying some if you have replicas of Tim Dwight's era.

As far as paying players for their jersey rights...I know nothing about it, but wasn't aware of colleges having to do this. The replica I have does not have a name on the back. I could be wrong.

Thanks.

On that video linked a few days ago they said there was going to be a link on hawkeyesports.com. But I haven't seen it there yet. And I believe the OP is referring to the new throwback jerseys to be worn against Ball St. right?

On that video linked a few days ago they said there was going to be a link on hawkeyesports.com. But I haven't seen it there yet. And I believe the OP is referring to the new throwback jerseys to be worn against Ball St. right?

The OP is talking about something different than the BSU game this year. But the link for that will be on 7/25 and will cost $550 for jersey, pants, and helmet.

Our store is at 2500 Corridor Way, Coralville. North of Coral Ridge Mall and I-80.
We have jerseys with the numbers. The names can be added at a number of local shops.
We are bringing in adult and youth jerseys with no names or numbers. That way you can have whatever you want.
We are also importing our own blank jerseys that will be a premium quality for Hawkeye fans. They will be available for this season in black or white.

But these imported jerseys without numbers are not Nike on field jerseys. Why would you want to buy a jersey if it isn't an onfield licensed jersey? Nike makes the only official onfield jersey. This year they only license a few current players. If you don't buy these, then you are just taking money away from the University and Iowa football and giving it to gamedayron.

80% of our jerseys are for numbers other than those picked by Nike. The families of the players want their family members' name and number. Fans also want the numbers of past players - Clark, Sanders, Roth, King, Dwight, and many others. We make them all available.
FYI We have over 3,600 University of Iowa licensed products that the University gets a 10% royalty from. I have personally created hundreds of new products with our suppliers for them. The only things they do not receive a royalty from are my new. patented shaving products.
Who will be the big selling numbers for 2010? So far #94 is outselling the rest 10-1.
#24 is also a big seller. Especially the throwback versions. They are black with a gold #24. We still paid a royalty for them.
How many numbers for kids jerseys are there? We have them all. We preprinted #s 12, 7, and 94. We also have blank jerseys for any name and number the kids want. Our toddler jerseys are #s 12 and 6.
This has been put in place at the request of our customers and the kids who love our store.

you got these Ron?

chad.jpg

Ron, I will check out your place next time I'm in Iowa. The throwback I have in my closet and am looking for is Tim Dwights #6. My replica has Reebok on it, it does not have Dwight's name on the back. I don't know if they had the rights to make the jerseys back then or what.

That's what I thought, I've checked ebay regularly for a while....no luck yet. As popular as our Hawks are, I didn't think it would be this hard to find older replica jerseys. Guess not many want them.
Go Hawks!

Back then DeLong made the jerseys. They went out of the business last year.
We have # 24 and # 6 throwback jerseys in stock.

We are also working with Reebok/Adidas and have their jerseys in stock for kids. The adults are coming.
Our website has 1600 of our 3600 items on it. They are working everyday to add more. When you stop by the store you will see our photo booth.

Back then DeLong made the jerseys. They went out of the business last year.
We have # 24 and # 6 throwback jerseys in stock.

We are also working with Reebok/Adidas and have their jerseys in stock for kids. The adults are coming.
Our website has 1600 of our 3600 items on it. They are working everyday to add more. When you stop by the store you will see our photo booth.

link?

Latest posts