Where is the disconnect?

PeoriaHWKI

With all the transfers, off field problems, poor recruiting, playcalling, game management, and downward trending program it is obvious there is a disconnect with the Kurt regime on so many levels. Has the game of college football today passed him by. I am thinking it has. His old school ways are not working on almost every level. It is absolutley sad. We should see more consistency and there shouldn't be peaks and valleys with what Iowa has. The structure is here on every level for a consistently strong and succesful program. Why isn't it happening?

With all the transfers, off field problems, poor recruiting, playcalling, game management, and downward trending program it is obvious there is a disconnect with the Kurt regime on so many levels. Has the game of college football today passed him by. I am thinking it has. His old school ways are not working on almost every level. It is absolutley sad. We should see more consistency and there shouldn't be peaks and valleys with what Iowa has. The structure is here on every level for a consistently strong and succesful program. Why isn't it happening?

Iowa is a basketball school now. Don't waste time pondering these things.

I would love for the Iowa media to actually do their job and go find all these kids that transferred or quit for whatever reason and find out what is going on behind closed doors. There is a story here. It isn't going to happen because the media is a bunch of people that don't want to rock the boat becuase they are afraid Kurt won't like them and will shut them out. They are a bunch of high school kids wanting to be in the in crowd so they don't speak up. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

I'm not saying there aren't problems inside the Iowa Football complex, but I think the modern college athlete is a very different breed than 10 or even 5 years ago. Every school has transfers, and there seem to be more every year. The program dynamics change rapidly and there are a hundred reasons why an 18 year old kid might change his mind about where he wants to play. I also believe there less willingness these days for players to "stick it out" somewhere when it's so easy just to move on.

I beleive it has more to do with the modern-generation youth expectations on a macro level than it does in Iowa City or anywhere else for that matter.

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Rebel fleet. It was *I* who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!"

The Emperor

That's Star Wars

Snort.

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Rebel fleet. It was *I* who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!"

The Emperor

That's Star Wars

Snort.

LOL. I actually thought of Star Wars when thinking of the AIRBHG. As in SW the Jedi could not figure out who the sith lord was for the longest time but knew there was one . Then they were surprised to come to find out he was right underneath their nose the entire time. Kurt is AIRBHG. It is all a huge plot! LOL!

1961d1284094134-asddsa.jpg

I would love for the Iowa media to actually do their job and go find all these kids that transferred or quit for whatever reason and find out what is going on behind closed doors. There is a story here.

LOL, I didnt know you wore a tinfoil hat Peoria.

Damn it Jon and Tork! Go find out teh real story inside teh football program.

You really think that if there was a story here that one of the players who were kicked off the team wouldn't have talked to someone about it.

McCall seemed to be unhappy with the way he was treated here, why didnt he let loose on KF?

LOL, I didnt know you wore a tinfoil hat Peoria.

Damn it Jon and Tork! Go find out teh real story inside teh football program.

You really think that if there was a story here that one of the players who were kicked off the team wouldn't have talked to someone about it.

McCall seemed to be unhappy with the way he was treated here, why didnt he let loose on KF?

i can't believe DJK hasn't said more. someone should ask him on twitter.

I had a current pro tell me he hated the program and said lots of bad things about it but he sounded like a real jaded doosh so I didn't give much credibity to it. All the attrition is a concern though.

I had a current pro tell me he hated the program and said lots of bad things about it but he sounded like a real jaded doosh so I didn't give much credibity to it. All the attrition is a concern though.

That would be the pro that works the corner of 6th and College every night from 8:00 to 3:00? I think she was in one of my Psych classes in the Fall of '82.;)

Funny caveat to this, is people who don't follow IA football, or live in different state than IA, STILL think KF is one of the best coaches in the world. They have NO CLUE about any of the above. Try to argue the point with them, and they call me crazy.

Latest posts