Where does the buy out have to be before the big time boosters..............

Golfer, wouldn't Kinnick have to hit Lauterbur/Cummings era ennui for the big donors to press Barta to pull the trigger? Unless Kirk has three or four more seasons like this one, and I don't see that happening. The matrix seems different for football and basketball.

Donors have little influence.

Cast your bait. Troll your bait. One way or another, the least educated little fish will always bite.

We had a ****** year. What's not to get? I don't need to be in your army. And, I take being placed in the same group as Ghost as a compliment. Dudes a legend.

Yes, ghost is a talented pharmacist. But he just does not have what it takes to be a hawk rebel in my "Liberty Crusade Band of Studs".

FreedComanche

My neighbor is swearing to himself because his bike got wet. He tried to hose the bike of, and noe I hear him calling himself names because there is water running down his biking shoes.

This has been a great morning. Free breakfast, free entertainment.

No, no, no. You don't get it. FREEDOM ain't free! Our hawk freedom must be fought for with hawk blood, lest we lose it as we rapidly are now.

FreedComanche

Iowa does not have the type of boosters to pony up 20M and rightly so. Only way changes get made is if the big time guys (Krause, Jacobsen, etc.) state they won't donate in the future. That is not going to happen absent an 0-12 record next year. This is not Alabama where people are just off their rockers and that is a good thing. This is college football. Its really not that important in the grand scheme. The big thing is "How did we get here?" That answer is Gary Barta's decision after the '09 Orange Bowl. Iowa will ride this out and the mistake will not be repeated. That does not mean I don't wish Ferentz would take a hike. However, people hoping for some sugar daddy to pony up 20M to ditch this guy so we can win some FB games are wasting their time. Those guys are not dumb enough to throw that much money at something so trivial. I donate money myself, but nowhere near enough to have any real influence if I stop. Those type of the "boosters" are the majority. The big, 70 year old major donors are not going to waste that much money to take a flier on some new coach from the MAC or a Coordinator at some other school.

I will actually clarify my earlier post and say even at 0-12, those guys are not going to do it. They would make the University bit the bullet, which is the correct decision. Barta could pretty much hire a realtor at that point as well.

Iowa does not have the type of boosters to pony up 20M and rightly so. Only way changes get made is if the big time guys (Krause, Jacobsen, etc.) state they won't donate in the future. That is not going to happen absent an 0-12 record next year. This is not Alabama where people are just off their rockers and that is a good thing. This is college football. Its really not that important in the grand scheme. The big thing is "How did we get here?" That answer is Gary Barta's decision after the '09 Orange Bowl. Iowa will ride this out and the mistake will not be repeated. That does not mean I don't wish Ferentz would take a hike. However, people hoping for some sugar daddy to pony up 20M to ditch this guy so we can win some FB games are wasting their time. Those guys are not dumb enough to throw that much money at something so trivial. I donate money myself, but nowhere near enough to have any real influence if I stop. Those type of the "boosters" are the majority. The big, 70 year old major donors are not going to waste that much money to take a flier on some new coach from the MAC or a Coordinator at some other school.

However, people hoping for some sugar daddy to pony up 20M to ditch this guy so we can win some FB games are wasting their time.

No rich sugar daddy, no peace!!!!!

FreedComanche

I will actually clarify my earlier post and say even at 0-12, those guys are not going to do it. They would make the University bit the bullet, which is the correct decision. Barta could pretty much hire a realtor at that point as well.

feretnz' delusionalism is something that can't be reasoned with. It MUST BE DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As my Liberty Crusade Band of Studs gets closer to Ft. Kinnick, I have a feeling Barta will surrender.

FreedComanche

Get what Fred Ostestees IA Hawk Vodka Bottle? I'm trying to understand. The football coach is single-handedly trying to destroy all things Iowa Hawkeye football, and all things American?

I think I get your position.

Get what Fred Ostestees IA Hawk Vodka Bottle? I'm trying to understand. The football coach is single-handedly trying to destroy all things Iowa Hawkeye football, and all things American?

I think I get your position.

You ain't got the qualities that I'm looking for to be a hawk rebel.

Scorpio, you think you got what it takes?

FreedComanche

Not to ruin this army thing, but people that know KF think he would do the class thing and fall on his own sword long before any buyout or major donor rebellion takes hold. I doubt we ever actually have to worry about a buyout

Latest posts