Where does the buy out have to be before the big time boosters..............

Why do I have a feeling this argument between Golfer and FreedComanche is taking place in front of a mirror?

Don't know why you think that. I'm not a pharmacist. You give me too much credit sometimes, ghost. This is the first sports board I've ever joined. Even if I wanted to do what you are suggesting, I don't have the tech savvy to pull it off.

FreedComanche

Don't know why you think that. I'm not a pharmacist. You give me too much credit sometimes, ghost. This is the first sports board I've ever joined. Even if I wanted to do what you are suggesting, I don't have the tech savvy to pull it off.

FreedComanche
Defensive alt is defensive.

However, people hoping for some sugar daddy to pony up 20M to ditch this guy so we can win some FB games are wasting their time.

No rich sugar daddy, no peace!!!!!

FreedComanche

BTN money makes philanthropic support irrelevant. The AD can make moves without them, and they know it. People planning for the roll back of taxes are changing estate plans and athletics are on the short end of things. Iowa's most influential donors (tippies, carved, getdine, etc) wouldn't write an eight figure check to a person just to make their Saturday's more pleasant.

Anyone hoping for this is a possibility is naive

BTN money makes philanthropic support irrelevant. The AD can make moves without them, and they know it. People planning for the roll back of taxes are changing estate plans and athletics are on the short end of things. Iowa's most influential donors (tippies, carved, getdine, etc) wouldn't write an eight figure check to a person just to make their Saturday's more pleasant.

Anyone hoping for this is a possibility is naive

After reading this, it seems all hope is lost. Why fight a war I can't win? Maybe I should just watch Lawrence Welk for the rest of the night instead of trying to raise an army to invade Ft. Kinnick. I'm troubled about things now.

FreedComanche

Since the payout is not a lump payment, but instead in installments, Iowa could fire Ferentz, pay him the $2.7m/yr, and then have $1.2m/yr left to pay a new coach and still break even. Of course $1.2m/yr won't buy you Bobby Stoops, but throw in another 800k to make an even $2m/yr, and you get your new coach by only actually spending 800k more a yr than you would have by allowing KF to keep the program in chains. Only an extra $800k more than what we are paying now does not sound like that bad a deal.

Since the payout is not a lump payment, but instead in installments, Iowa could fire Ferentz, pay him the $2.7m/yr, and then have $1.2m/yr left to pay a new coach and still break even. Of course $1.2m/yr won't buy you Bobby Stoops, but throw in another 800k to make an even $2m/yr, and you get your new coach by only actually spending 800k more a yr than you would have by allowing KF to keep the program in chains. Only an extra $800k more than what we are paying now does not sound like that bad a deal.

Reason for hope again?

FreedComanche

Which two browsers are you using for your little game of make-believe? Is folger on IE, with freed on Firefox?

We've been through this before. I use Chrome. I do have to use a 32 bit IE explorer in order to do some things in Zurich. You'd know more about it than me, but there is a version of Adobe that works best, or only works on a 32 bit browser.

You're gonna be so proud of me, and new web-site and new smart phone on the way in 2013.

since most of the big boosters lived thru the 60's and 70's, they won't buy his payout. as they have longer memories, that go back father than 24 hours and don't live in the era of "What have you done for me now era".

Latest posts