Where are Nixon’s people at?

I saw an article in the Athletic a while ago where they said some teams had completely taken him off their boards due to some “red flags” and he was expected to fall. I just thought that was some disinformation or whatever
I think it has to be that teams are scared off by "off-field concerns". He's way too talented and produced too much last year to not have been drafted by now.

Do you guys know what that “dorm incident” was about? Maybe I am forgetting or never knew either way it seems to be a major red flag.

Just read in an article that Pro Football Focus had Nixon going in the 4th to Cincy. From reading tweets this morning, he’s on everyone’s ‘best available’ list. So hopefully he won’t fall much further. PFF also had ISM as a 4th.

Do you guys know what that “dorm incident” was about? Maybe I am forgetting or never knew either way it seems to be a major red flag.

Never heard of it. If I know dorm incidents, he was probably playing rock and roll music too loud and some RA on an ego trip wrote him up and the write up is in his permanent file.

He's been "Best available" on CBS draft tracker since the 4th rd started.
......and neither of ESPN’s ‘experts’ have him in their top 10. Cincy just picked a DT who had lower career numbers than Nixon did last year. Not sure at all what these ‘red flags’ are, but I’m stunned that nobody in the league has taken a shot.

I don’t know what the incident was but I do recall he was away from the team (not talking about juco) for a bit. I think the rumor was that it was similar to whatever happened to Marcus Coker. However, I want to say that Kirk has had nothing but positive things to say about Nixon

......and neither of ESPN’s ‘experts’ have him in their top 10. Cincy just picked a DT who had lower career numbers than Nixon did last year. Not sure at all what these ‘red flags’ are, but I’m stunned that nobody in the league has taken a shot.
There is something out there that has teams wary...but I did see mock drafts where Nixon wasn't picked. I thought it was an oversight. Now I'm wondering?

He'll go no later then 3rd round. Maybe 2nd. That's still good $ to start with and as is the case with any to be NFL player you want to get your clock started ASAP. The way the rookie contracts are structured unless you're a top half of the 1st round pick or so below that you're not getting generational wealth right out of the gate.

It's getting to that 2nd contract healthy and playing your best ball that you want to strive for. (Like Kittle just did) If you're too good and valuable you end up like Scherffs and get franchise tagged. Nice problem to have. But Nixon made the right choice going even if he falls to the 4th round which he won't. DTs can make dang good money. Look at what Watt and Donald have pulled down. He most likely won't get to their level but anywhere near it would set him up the rest of his life.

Maybe the issue was Nixon giving my daughter a ride on his scooter in the 2018 preseason.

That is a true story. Her cousin (my niece and long jumper at UW LaCrosse) was dating a Hawkeye preferred walk on at the time. Through the player, my daughter and niece were introduced to and spent some time hanging out with Daviyon and Henry Geil, all Wisconsin preps

Never heard of it. If I know dorm incidents, he was probably playing rock and roll music too loud and some RA on an ego trip wrote him up and the write up is in his permanent file.
Hopefully my write ups aren't on permanent file. Or my visit with the residence hall coordinator who threatened to kick me out of Currier Hall. Or my really stupid antics, like jumping off the Hancher footbridge.

I read some stuff that said the issue teams had was his maturity, they think once he gets money he’s going to go off the rails.

Gholston to the Cowboys. Didn't expect him to go first.

Well a Def End can make a huge splash right away and that position gets more pub than the Dee Tackle position with the sacks the ends get. With the passing game so prominent now the big running stuffing Dee tackles are very important but top pass rushers from that position are what is needed. Nixon I think will prove out as he has quick feet, reflexes, etc etc like a speed burst, maybe great hands to shed blockers.