When's the last time Iowa won a big game?

1977Hawkeye

For me, 2004 against Wisconsin is about the last I can remember Iowa needing a win with something on the line and delivering.

Don't tell me Ohio State last year.. Great win for sure, but nothing really was on the line in that game.

I'm talking about a game that we need to win the conference, make the CFP playoff, etc.

Am I forgetting something?

Orange Bowl win was nice, but Iowa also lost to OSU in OT for what would have decided the conference.

Iowa seems to crap the bed repeatedly in the situations.

Yeah, maybe not a great time to post - pretty pissed right now.

I would consider the 2015 wins at Wisconsin and northwestern as big games. They weren’t late in the season but they did decide the West.

But your point is valid. Iowa doesn’t win program changing/elevating type games often. They still lost the MSU game that season which was the biggest game in the history of the program and the rose bowl a month later. Those are the type of wins that elevate a program and Ferentz has very few of those wins.

Last edited:
I would consider the 2015 wins at Wisconsin and northwestern as big games. They weren’t late in the season but they did decide the West.

But your point is valid. Iowa doesn’t win program changing/elevating type games often. They still lost the MSU game that season which wasn’t the biggest game in the history of the program and the rose bowl a month later. Those are the type of wins that elevate a program and Ferentz has very few of those wins.

Sounds like grounds for a 10 year extension to me

Yeah, they've been chokers since 2010, at least. And people somehow still wonder why this program gets no respect. Kirk does just enough to get fans' hopes up, then it all goes away when they can't win the program-changing games.

Last edited:

Latest posts