When you heard the news???

ForeverHawk

If you were watching the basketball game last night, what was your first thought you had when you heard that there would be a report of breaking news on the Iowa Football Program at the next time out?

Me:

1. KOK leaving

2. More health issues with Norm

3. Even thought maybe a Wegher comeback

Shocked to hear DJK suspended for drug posession!!!

I was on here before the teaser during the game, so I already knew what it was. Called my dad right away after the announcers mentioned it.

It was #1 for me, I seriously though KOK was leaving or KF was "re-organizing" the staff", I was already on this site for the game thread but just keep hitting refresh, once I went to the forums to see what was going on since the BTN wasn't saying anything until a commercial I was freakin shocked to learn about it.

My first thought was Kirk had taken the recently vacated Pitt Panther coaching position.

I honestly thought that KOK had schemed his way into the Indiana job, or at least that was my hopes.

Then I couldn't wait to find out and tried to get onto this site with my phone and of course it wouldn't load up so I had to wait until the break to get the breaking news.

I had been following it for about an hour or so before it was released on KGAN. Somebody over on the pay board on HR was leaking stuff regarding DJK being in hot water and off the team. At the time most people, myself included, were calling it BS and then KGAN posted it on their site.

My first thought was Kirk had taken the recently vacated Pitt Panther coaching position.

I thought this as well- in place of the OP's number 3

1. KOK leaving
2. Norm something or other
3. KF taking Pitt job.

Never would I have thought it DrugJK

My thought was, great, the basketball team is going to get a big, hard fought win and it will be overshadowed by another tarnishment from the football program. I had heard some banter earlier in the day so I had a pretty good feeling it was bad news on DJK. My second thought was hoping that it wasn't a tragedy, like when word first came out about Chris Street's accident.

My situation was different. I DVR'd the Iowa/UNI game to attend a high school basketball game. So, I could not get in the boards or look at my phone for fear of seeing the score. So when the BTN announced breaking news, it indeed was breaking news to me!

I thought this as well- in place of the OP's number 3

1. KOK leaving
2. Norm something or other
3. KF taking Pitt job.

Never would I have thought it DrugJK

This is where I was. And as soon as I heard the teaser during the BTN broadcast I tried to get to the football forum but it took forever, even with my highspeed cable connection. Must have been a lot people doing the same thing. Wonder if Jon saw the server burp around that time. :p

Last edited:
Wasn't watching the game so I didn't see the teaser. But, Man that would have sucked if it got your hopes up only to crush them soundly.

I was watching the Iowa/UNI game and got a text from my buddy saying "DJK busted with coke". I thought he was just screwing around and about 15 seconds later Wayne Larivee says "Stay tuned for breaking news in the Iowa football program."

Then I just shut my eyes and shook my head.

For some reason, I actually thought that KOK was going to be gone. But then I realized that it will never happened and the news was something related to the health of Parker.

This is where I was. And as soon as I heard the teaser during the BTN broadcast I tried to get to the football forum but it took forever, even with my highspeed cable connection. Must have been a lot people doing the same thing. Wonder if Jon saw the server burp around that time. :p

I knew it was something huge when I couldn't get in to HN at all.

Which shook your world view more - finding out that Santa Claus was fake or that sometimes 18-23 kids make mistakes? After reading the board, I think the latter hurt a lot of you more.

Actually, I only saw it during the game, while working out, and with the "Breaking News" on Big Ten network, and my initial fear was that there was some accident or something, and perhaps somebody had been injured, or worse.

Fortunately, I suppose, it was relatively minor in comparison.

Latest posts