When you heard the news???

My wife and I were watching the game when they announced that they had breaking news out of the University of Iowa football program. I immediately said to my wife, "breaking news at this time of year is NEVER a good thing". It never even crossed my mind that it would be something like KOK leaving. They wouldn't break news for something like that. I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I heard breaking news and then proceeded to throw up when I heard what it was. OK, not really, but I still feel sick.

My wife and I were watching the game when they announced that they had breaking news out of the University of Iowa football program. I immediately said to my wife, "breaking news at this time of year is NEVER a good thing". It never even crossed my mind that it would be something like KOK leaving. They wouldn't break news for something like that. I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I heard breaking news and then proceeded to throw up when I heard what it was. OK, not really, but I still feel sick.

I was watching the game with my father-in-law, and when they said "breaking news on Iowa Football" we both knew instantly that it wasn't gonna be good news. Honestly the first thing that came to mind for me was that Norm had died or something. That scared me to death. I tried logging on here with my phone, but that was useless as this place was so bogged down. When they finally said what had happened I was actually relieved a little bit at first that it wasn't something "serious", but then in the next heartbeat my stomach shot somewhere down past my feet. That ruined the rest of the game for me. I just sat there in a stunned silence.

#1 For me was that Norm was retiring
#2 Because of the rumors on here within the last week or so, the news was that DJK was suspended. I really thought the tenor of the posts last week about this were pretty substantial.
I don't think the Big 10 network would have broke in with KOK news. For one, I don't think him going to Indiana is even remotely possible.

Actually, choice No. 3: John Lennon had been shot.

That was a bad day for me on multiple fronts. Cobain was another one.

We call the Santa thing, "the Santa game" with our kids. After hearing the reaction of a number of kids to finding out Santa wasn't real, I just didn't see the reason for working very hard to perpetuate that myth. We don't sit our kids down and tell them Santa isn't real, we just don't use him as a way to discipline our kids through the threat of some omniscient old dude who is going to take their presents away if they are bad.

If you were watching the basketball game last night, what was your first thought you had when you heard that there would be a report of breaking news on the Iowa Football Program at the next time out?

Me:

1. KOK leaving

2. More health issues with Norm

3. Even thought maybe a Wegher comeback

Shocked to hear DJK suspended for drug posession!!!

I turned to my wife and said, "Ferentz finally kicked DJK off the team". Didn't suspect drugs, but wasn't surprised either.

my first thought was that Norm had died or retired

second thought, maybe KF was leaving for the Broncos

My thought was that is was Asst related. either Norm retiring officially or KOK accepting a head coaching job with the rumors of him actively considering.

#1 - Ferentz to Denver. Then I thought that probably wasn't it because I would have seen something on ESPN about it since it's the NFL.

#2 - Norm died or was back in the hospital with something life threatening.

#3 - Off-field injury to major player, i.e. car wreck, scooter incident etc.

Drug charges for DJK never even entered my thinking.

Because of potential for cold/snow/ice, I just assumed it was not "good" news (some type of major accident), but never would have guessed it was about D(rugs)J(ust)K(ill).

Oddly, I didn't think about it being Norm/health issues. I WAS thinking it could be KF leaving but NOT actually taking another job, just "needing time away" after the way the season went and maybe he is just tired/burnt out.

To make it scarier, I tried to get something on my phone at ESPN.com and saw that Wannstedt was out at Pitt. And it NEVER occurred to me that KF could be going to Pitt. How dense was THAT on my part?

i knew it was bad. i knew we werent going to like it. i just didnt excpect the cocaine part of it... i would have expected pot... pain pills dont surprise me coming from a football player... but djk and coke.. didnt see it

Latest posts